Ch 4

"Damn, he got away from you?"

Gwen sighed as Bucky chuckled. They resided in one of the S.H.I.E.L.D safe houses in New York. Small enough to fight nearly five people, but away from prying eyes and had enough security measures to defend itself should the safe house be attacked. Gwen sat in a chair with her mask off, Bucky knew her identity to begin with and he could be trusted. News reports played on the computers of the destroyed warehouse, Jameson was going to have a field day with this one. Bucky came back too her, two mugs of coffee in hand. His helmet sat on the coffee table while his shield remained on his back.

"He even tried bringing a building down on you?" Bucky chuckled as he handed the mug to Gwen. The young blonde kindly accepted it and took a sip of it as she watched the news report. "Shit kid, that's impressive."

Gwen nodded before walking towards the computer and began typing away, getting access to the security cameras from the buildings near the building he used as a vantage point to snipe the criminals. She paused just as the Red Hood turned around and began his retreat. Red Hood wasn't as dangerous as the other Rouges she's fought before, most of them having a suit or a genetic mutation that made them tough for even her. Except for stiltman, all that she needed to do was trip him. But this Red Hood didn't look special, only having a red helmet, a biker jacket, grey body armor on his chest, black pants and combat boots. He was agile, nearly as agile as her.

"So that's the sniper?" Bucky asked as he walked up and looked over Gwen at the screen

"So that's the sniper?" Bucky asked as he walked up and looked over Gwen at the screen. He shrugged his shoulders before taking another sip of his coffee. He sighed as he finished swallowing and rubbed his eyes. "That's not even a hood. But I guess the name is better than 'Red Helmet'. What's got you so interested in this guy?"

"Red Hood is an alias used by many criminals in the past, a mantle of a kind." Gwen stated as she typed away on the computer, pulling up many images of different Red Hoods, though not styled like the one Gwen encountered. The last image she pulled up was a ginger man wearing a Red Hood over his head with his arms cuffed behind him as police escorted him to a car. "But a criminal can't negate my Spider-sense like that. Not any normal criminal."

"........kid." Bucky turned to Gwen when the image was pulled up. Gwen stared at the photo for a while before gasping as she unintentionally bit her own tongue. "He's in max security. I'm not saying it's not him, but every S.H.I.E.L.D agent would have been alerted at the single sign of a breakout."

Gwen stood up and put her mask on before pulling the hood up. Bucky sighed as he set the mug down and went to retrieve his helmet before following Gwen out the door. He worried for her, Gwen might be looking too much into the matter but might as well amuse her.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
(S.H.I.E.L.D Maximum security prison)
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Maximum security. A prison for the worst of the worst, where irredeemable monsters were sent too by S.H.I.E.L.D. Only the truly insane go here as they were proven to be a threat to any around them. Metahumans were contained in their own cells which had what was necessary to kill the inhabitants if the killer even looked like they were thinking of escaping. Gwen had been caged here once before as well, when she wore a darker, more violent, more alive suit that she encountered during her rookie years of being Spider-Woman. The prison wasn't really prepared for the suit she wore back then, allowing her to break out, but now the prison was ready to deal with another symbiote should it happen too escape.