Ch 3

"Where you going buddy?!"

Gwen shouted as she swung through the city, spotting the sniper from before running across the rooftops below. The sniper was fast and extremely flexible, jumping over any obstacle in his path with relative ease. When he jumped onto another building he quickly recovered before running again as he showed no sign of slowing down. As she readied herself to fire a web at the man her spider senses went off. The sniper turned around and threw a metal canister at her, exploding into smoke. Gwen coughed as she continued swinging after the sniper. Her mask didn't have a filter on it yet, something she'd have to change soon.

"Well thats not very nice good sir." Gwen said as she narrowed her sights on the assassin. The sniper approached a building bigger than the one he was on and jumped across, grabbing onto the window seals and quickly jumping from window to window before climbing onto the roof and continued his run. "Your fast, I'll give you that bud. Maybe we could trade notes on parkour after your behind bars?"

Gwen swung up onto the buildings roof and chased after the assassin on foot. He was fast but she was quickly catching up to him, thank the radioactive spider for the enhanced speed. As they approached the edge, right when Gwen could grab the man's jacket, he fell over the edge, making her gasp as she fell down as well. But as she fell down she could see the sniper hanging off the edge of the building by his foot of all things. 'Oh hell no.' Gwen thought to herself as she quickly shot out a web line at the assassin. The web hit the man's shoulder, making his yelp as she pulled him off the edge. Gwen grabbed onto the wall as the assassin fell past her. She had him now, no one could really run from dangling from this height. What she couldn't see coming was when she pulled the webline up so the sniper wouldn't hit the pavement, the sniper grabbed onto the webline and swung himself upwards when he neared the ground, sending him up in the air past Gwen. She looked up at him in surprise, now noticing the red helmet he wore. He stared as her, his eye visors narrowing similar to hers before he took out a knife and cut the web of the shoulder of his jacket. The momentum of his swing allowed him to reach the other building.

"Holy crap...." Gwen whispered to herself before jumping onto the building behind her and began running up it. She shot two web lines out and slingshotted herself towards the roof. As she stayed high up in the air she looked down at the rooftop and noticed one of the roof lantern windows was smashed and broken. She quickly dived bomb into the window and landed with ease. "Alright bud, time to show yourself......"

Gwen looked around the room and her voice died down. It was dark and she was currently standing on top of a walkway. The building looked abandoned despite it's huge size. She looked over the walkway and spotted an old crime scene, abandoned now but the outlines of a body was noticeably below. She remembered this place, a place she thought she'd never see again.

This is where Ben Parker died, ten years ago.

It was when she recently got her powers and was making a name for herself. Ben had been out searching for a job, hoping to help pay the bills at home. But Ben was gone for three days, worrying May, Parker, Gwen and George. This was unusual behavior from Ben, making Peter worried beyond belief, making him desperately seek out Spider-Woman for help, unaware that it was Gwen. So she met up with him one day after school in her spider persona and asked what he needed. The poor boy in crutches begged her over and over, offering her money he didn't even have at the time, but Gwen knew Peter would find the way to pay her. She told him she'd help for free and searched Ben's last known location later that day. When she tracked Ben down here, an Oscorp warehouse, she wasn't prepared to see Ben. He had been tortured, knees broken, ears cut off, scalped, and his teeth pulled. He hadn't been restrained, his broken knees were enough to keep him still. A bloody crowbar was beside him, the crude torture weapon covered in red. That's when she spotted the crazed killer on the walkway above, red hair that burned like fire and a smile that showed no remorse for his actions. Gwen was enraged by the man, chasing him up the building. He cut her multiple times, her costume was homemade with no protection. But she ended up breaking his knee as they fought on the walkway. When he charged at her once more, she kicked him back, breaking the railing as he fell towards the ground. Gwen, realizing her mistake, quickly shot out some webs, stopping the man from going splat on the pavement. She called the cops and they arrested the man identified as Cletus Kasady. During court he would've been given the death sentence. Had it not been for Peter's intervention, believing the man, who would later become his killer, could be saved.