Meeting Her

I woke up early in the morning to get ready to go to my part-time job, working at a café. I quickly showered and dried my blonde hair and put it into a high ponytail. I then went ahead to really lightly line my eyes with black liquid eyeliner and then put a light red, slightly orangy liner to my water line. Then I just put on my favourite black ripped jeans, some black combat boots and a white tank top. I quickly left my house after collecting my phone and bag.

I drove over to the café and settled in. I started getting a head start on my English homework since I was a junior in high school. I work at the café every morning for about an hour then rush to school and continue my daily routine.

I heard the door open so I straightened up and put on a bright smile on my face only to have it blown away. A tall girl walked in, wearing some black jeans and black boots with a white button up shirt rolled up to her elbows. Her short hair looked wet and her whole aura made me weak at the knees.

"I'll have it black, no sugar, and a cinnamon bun." She said while smiling slightly, her Australian accent was a total surprise.

I just stared at her, mouth wide open. I mean, I'm not into girls but damn, she could have my buns anytime.

"Uh... what?" She asked, with a smirk on her face.

"What?" I asked, breaking free of the trance.

"Well, you were babbling about not being into girls and that I could have your buns anytime." She said and I felt my face turn bright red.

"Black no sugar coming up!" I said a bit too loudly and turned around.

I made her coffee really quickly and heated up a cinnamon bun. I handed it to her and she gave me a grin.

She handed me the cash and left, but not before sending a wink my way.

Did she just wink?

I just kinda stood there, amazed that there's actually someone that is so perfect.

I shook it off and make myself a latte and headed off to school.

I hurried to my home room and was shocked to see everyone wearing an animal costume.

"Um... what." I said to a girl who walked in with a giraffe costume.

"Spirit week. It's animal day today." She said before walking away

How could I forget?! Oh god!

I looked around for Trina, my best friend.

I found her thick brown hair up in a ponytail and two mouse ears sitting on her head.

"Trina! I forgot it was animal day." I said and she sighed.

"Seriously Jade? You're the Class Captain! Get your act together! C'mon, I think there's some supplies at the theatre." She said and we ran there to look for any costume.

We found some face paint, cat ears and a tail.

"You're lucky I'm good at art." Said Trina and started to draw some whiskers and re-did my eyeliner as well as put on some red lipstick. I untied my hair so it would be down and put on the ears.

"Okay, it looks unprepared but whatever." She said and we then hurried over to the main hall, which was the cafeteria but with all the tables removed.

Students were already there and divided into classes, we had 2 captains per sector.

For example, we'd have 2 for freshmen, 2 for sophomores, 2 for juniors and 2 for seniors.

Unfortunately, the other captain in my section almost never comes to activities so I'm stuck doing all the work.