The Big Chill (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[Back at the café, Rikki stares down at Miriam's frozen body in the freezer room. She let a small smirk creep up on her face, her eyes slightly widen, finding it ironic about the mess that Emma has somehow gotten herself in. The other three in the group were behind her, discussing the plan to revive her with the freezer door wide open.]

Lewis: "Rikki's ability to heat water is essential. Er, but you all have amazing powers. And we need all three of you working together, to save Miriam."

"I understand how Rikki's power is important for this, but what about Cleo's? How is hers important?" Bella asked, beginning to understand the plan. "Once we got her warmed up some, we needed her to get the blood flowing again," Lewis said plainly. "Ew," Kim said, slightly disgusted as well as the others in the room. "It was gross," Cleo shuttered. "I know it sounds bad, but that's what needed to be done," Lewis told them.

Cleo: Emma looks down while Rikki continues staring at Miriam. Cleo looks a little worried about the plan. "Couldn't we just, leave her in the sun?"

Emma: they stare at her. "For everyone to see?"

"Yeah, that be a sight for sore eyes," Neil joked, the others in the room laughing a little, despite the situation.

"No, because that would be too much heat for her body to take on at once, it would just end up killing her," Denman informed. "Not like she isn't dead already, she's frozen," Rikki muttered.

Emma: turns to Lewis, throwing her hands up in frustration. "Forget it. This is not going to work. I'm going to call an ambulance." She begins to walk out the freezer door when Lewis calls out to her as he walks closer to the body and she stops.

"Oh, Emma. Ye have so little faith," Rikki chuckled. "After seeing your work efforts, I have my reasons why," Emma shot back.

"And tell them what exactly? That you found a bully frozen in the cooler room when you were the one left in charge?" Ash asked, raising an eyebrow.

Lewis: claps his hands together. "Emma! Do you really think that's a good idea under the circumstances?"

Emma: nods reluctantly. "Right." Looks at Miriam worriedly. "She'll be alright, won't she?"

"He's not wrong. There's no way you could possibly explain that without an investigation going on," Don said.

"I surely hope so," Lisa sighed. From what she has seen throughout this whole thing, it was clear to her that Miriam was not who she thought she was. But she would never wish her dead.

Lewis: looks at all three of them. "Guys, are we going to do this or not?"

Rikki: "Yes." All three of them look at her in surprise. "But we can't do it in here."

"Why not?" Elliot asked, unfazed by the unfortunate circumstances. "Because with it being so cold in there, nothing would've changed. She needed to be in a warmer environment, but not too warm like the sun, Cleo, or else it would harm her from the quick effects," Lewis explained while giving Cleo a pointed look. Cleo rolled her eyes, biting her cheek.

Terry smiles proudly at Rikki, glad that she was willing to help someone out, even if they got on their nerves quite a bit. Though she did the same with Zane, it seemed that Miriam was worse.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[They gently lay her down on some tables in the middle of the café, lowering her head slowly. Emma closes her eyes then covers her face.]