A Twist in the Tail (Part 2)

I do not own H2O: Just Add Water or any of the characters.

Chapter 62: A Twist in the Tail (part 2)

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[Moments later, Zane returns to Mako Island. He slides down the land entrance into the first known cave-turned-lab area. Harrison notices his missing son's presence.]

Harrison: next to Denman at her lab as she finishes setting it up. They both turn to him. "Glad to see you've returned, Zane."

"Surprised you noticed," Lisa huffed as she narrowed her eyes at him. Harrison squirmed in his seat, slightly guilty as he knew she was right.

[Zane ignores him and walks directly past them and into the main area where the moonpool was and the rest of the equipment. Zane bends down in front of the girls who were still in the pool, leaning against the ledge.]

Emma: glares at him. Rikki and Cleo next to her. "We've known each other since we were three years old, Zane. How could you do this?"

"'Known each other' instead of friends, huh?" Zane asked, finally hearing her words. He had ignored her comment the first time. To be fair, he was on a time limit to save their scales. "We weren't friends back then and you know that," Emma rolled her eyes as she looked at him. "Well, how about now?" Zane asked as he turned to her. Emma hesitated with her answer before replying. "... that's still debatable." She returned to the screen. Zane let a small grin escape, as he knew that was Emma's way of saying maybe.

"Money. Greed. Fame. Answers. There's a lot a brat would do to get what he wants," Kim listed off.

"I see you're still angry," Ash commented. "How could I not be? I was trapped in a room full of scientists and old family friends! And besides, if my parents and the rest of you can hold a grudge for this long for it then so can our onscreen selves," Emma argued. "I thought you said we weren't friends," Zane's grin grew wider. "I said we were family friends, not friends. There's a difference," Emma huffed.

Zane: looks around him to make sure no one was listening then looked down at his watch. Whispers to them. "Get ready to leave." Rikki and Emma look at one another as Cleo gives Zane a strange look at his words, making sure she heard him right.

"Hey, don't question it. Just do it, prepare yourselves," Kim said, her eyes wide. She still didn't really believe that Zane was helping them, but any chance that her sister has of escaping they need to take.

"I normally wouldn't say this, but you girls need to listen to him," Neil said urgently as he pressed forward in his seat. "Trust me dad, we were prepared," Emma chuckled before smirking.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[The screen zooms in on Zane's zodiac, off the coast of Mako Island. Down below, Lewis swam in his regular clothes with goggles, a breathing tube, and flippers, the anchor held tightly in his grip as he carried it to the underwater entrance. The anchor was held in place by a rope connected to the boat. Lewis reaches the gated entrance and latches the anchor in place behind the bars of the gate. He then swims back toward the boat.]

The crowd gasped before getting even more excited and filled with hope, all of them either leaning forward in anticipation or jumping up and down in their seats (Kim and Elliot ... and maybe Don.) "Oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please," Kim quickly stated. "Please work, please, please work," Don pleaded, clasping his hands together.

"It has to work. It's metal against metal. And with force coming from the boat, it must," Max said, a wide grin on his face at the brilliant idea. "Hah hah, you clever boys."