The Siren Effect (Part 2)

I do not own H2O: Just Add Water or any of the characters.

Chapter 29: The Siren Effect (part 2)

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[In the kitchen, Emma is roughly wiping Cleo's hands dry while Cleo sits on the counter. When she gets done, she tosses the rag to the side.]

Cleo: "Ow!"

"No need to be rough about it, Emma," Cleo chuckled. "It was my first full moon that I wasn't moon-spelled. I was a little stressed out about the outcome," Emma sighed.

Rikki: "Cleo, listen. You touched water. And the full moon is doing something to you."

Cleo: nods, and smiles proudly, thinking of only her voice. "I can sing."

"Is that all you were focused on?" Kim asked. "Moon-spelled," Cleo reminded.

Emma: "Cleo, wake up. You're a bad singer."

"Well that's one way to put it bluntly," Zane snorted.

Cleo: shakes her head, looking at Emma. "You're just jealous. But that's okay. I still like you. You're my friends." Rikki gives Emma a weird look. "And if you want, you can pick out my next song."

"Well at least she's optimistic about it," Sam shrugged.

Emma: to Rikki. "Let's get Lewis." Cleo hops off the counter and follows Emma and Rikki to wherever Lewis is.

"How is he gonna help? He practically got hypnotized by the singing. Him and Byron both," Bella asked. "We didn't know what else to do. And besides, as he said earlier, he's the only one who knows the secret that can't get affected by the full moon," Emma reasoned. "Yeah, not really many options left when you put it that way," Rikki smirked as Lewis faked a gasp, feeling a little offended.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[In the living room, Don fixes the pillows up while Bev and Kim sit on the table, talking about Cleo's surprising new talent. Lewis and Byron stand in front of the staircase, looking bored.]

Bev: "No one in our family has ever been a singer."

Don: waves his hands outwards as he sits down. "Well, I sing now and then." After hearing their silence, he leans back and crosses his legs. "Yeah, ok, point taken." Bev nods as she starts cleaning up the popcorn on the table.

"Really, dad?" Cleo said, raising her eyebrows skeptically. "I do. On the boat. It's just, not as good," Don sheepishly admitted.

[Emma and Rikki try to take Cleo upstairs, with Emma in the lead as she holds onto Cleo's hand. Byron and Don hear them and turn to see them going upstairs.]

Rikki: talks quietly to Lewis as she pauses on the stairs. "Lewis, we need you, now." Cleo smiles giddily at him as Emma continues taking her upstairs. Rikki follows them up.

Lewis: "Cool. Cleo's so cool. I'm there." Starts climbing the stairs.

Byron: "Hey, hey, I wanna see Cleo too."

Cleo blushed, feeling a little awkward at how the two boys seem to be smitten over her. Of course, it's all due to the full moon and she doesn't remember a single thing of it. But to see it rather than hear her friends talking about it was on a completely different level. Plus, she wasn't going to say it out loud, but it was a little sweet to hear Lewis compliment her. Even if he were in a trance.

A Wish on a Full MoonOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara