Metamorphosis (Part 2)

I do not own H2O: Just Add Water or any of the characters.

Chapter 5: Metamorphosis (part 2)

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

No gasps, no movement. Nothing. Not a single sound was made as the image above them on the screen shows Emma, no longer as a human, but as a mermaid. No movement or anything happens, as people stare at the screen wide-eyed, faces filled with a mixture of so many emotions: fear, shock, surprise, and so much more, that it is almost impossible to comprehend all their feelings themselves as their mind finally starts to process it all: Emma was a mermaid.

The girls struggle to breathe. Their secret was finally out there, and there was nothing they could do to stop it. Lewis tries to think of any plans on how to explain this or to help, ready to defend them in any way possible.

Zane looks over at Rikki, worried for his girlfriend, but knows that he cannot possibly do anything about it. Although she would love to have a comforting hug from him right now, she would not want to jeopardize her relationship with him since the girls do not know yet. And they do not need any more stress and other emotions running through them right now, as their walls of secrets start to crumble. The girls cling to each other, holding each other in tight hugs as if they were never going to see each other again after this was over.

Finally, someone breaks the silence. "Oh my gosh," Charlotte says slowly, covering her mouth to keep from shrieking in shock. "Is – Is this real?" Sam asks, rubbing her eyes several times as if to make sure she was not dreaming. "Mermaids are real?" says Will, his voice cracking from the surprise. "No way," Elliot says, looking over at his sister, the realization finally kicking in his head, along with his parents, as they also look over at her, faces morphed into a mixture of both shock and confusion, trying to understand what they are looking at, who they were looking at.

"Emma?" Lisa questions, as if she were making sure it was her daughter she was speaking to. Turning towards her family, she looks at each one of them, seeing their surprised facial features, not liking at all how this is going to be turning out. They finally know the truth, about who she really is, about who she was now, about what she has been hiding from them for so long. After taking a couple of seconds to take deep breaths, she finds the courage to finally reply to her. "Yes, mom?" tears forming in her eyes.

Lisa looks back and forth at Emma and her mermaid self on screen. Pointing at the two, she finally asks her the question. "You – You're a –?" Gulping each time, unable to finish the question, struggling to say that 'word'. Emma nods slowly, knowing exactly what she is trying to say: Their daughter was a mermaid. They look back at the screen, still trying to process it, to process what to think, and how they feel.

She looks back at her friends, all three of them finally letting the tears flow, sobbing completely now, letting all their emotions out from this drastic turn of events. They lower their heads, not wanting to look at anyone. They knew what was going to happen next. They knew what everybody was thinking. They were going to be called weirdos, freaks, abnormal, monsters. Their families and friends will turn their backs on them. They would no longer be loved or anything. They were monsters, they were – "Cool!"

They fling their heads back up, staring at each other as if what they heard was true, before looking at Emma's brother just to make sure, and sees his face filled with an ecstatic, shocking smile.

"Wh-wha-what did you just say?" Emma stutters out, as if unsure that what he said was real, wiping the tears from her eyes. "I said that is so cool!" he says, swinging his arms up and down with excitement. Lisa and Neil look over at him, surprised by his reaction. Did he just accept it that quick?