Plan it like you mean it

The next morning, Ishan and Shubman had to run over for 20 more laps, for obvious reasons. As the extra laps ended, The teammates gathered around as they had to discuss about their upcoming matches and schedule.

"We will be getting the selected XI by tomorrow for the World Cup next year." Rohit announces as the bickering around the team stops. After talking, and arguing for a couple of minutes which felt like boring hours for Virat and the team, The discussion finally ended.

Ishan and Shubman who were still panting, Looked at each other and wanted to raise the whole atmosphere by pranking their teammates. 

Ishan and Shubman exchanged mischievous glances, both sharing a secret understanding. As the teammates continued discussing the upcoming matches, the two decided it was time to inject a bit of humour into the atmosphere.

"Who do we prank?" 

"What are you guys planning on?" Shreyas comes around grinning and puts an arm around Ishan in a playful manner.

"Hands off young man, Stick to your Tamil girl." Shubman glares at Shreyas and almost yells.

"Calm down Shubi, He's yours. I'm not stealing him." 

Shreyas raises his hands in mock surrender, "Alright, alright. No need to get possessive. So, spill the beans, what's the plan?"

"How did you know we both had a plan?" Shubman asks raising his eyebrows.

"Come on, Half the team already know. Ishan's an open book. It's easy to read him." Rishabh adds joining in the conversation.

"Who else knows? I hope it's not Rahul bhai." 

"What do I not know?" Rahul jumps around and runs towards the now-gathered pranksters.

"You don't have to know anything Rah," Hardik says following him.

"Shut up Harry."  

"So what's the plan, i almost wanted to suicide during the meeting. Rohit is so boring" Jadeja chimes in adding more spice to the conversation.

"You're the master at this, why don't you suggest something jaddu Bhai?"

"I have a plan-" Jaddu replies with enthusiasm.

"No! No more plans. You are banned from thinking. " Rahul says

"Isn't that a bit too extreme?" Harry asks trying to get Rahul to agree on the plan.

The plan which was all at its extreme, but most of them were clueless about it. Shubman and Ishan kept exchanging guilty glances. The prank proceeded way more than they imagined it to be but Jaddu Bhai was in the mood and that was their best chance to prank Rohit Bhai and Virat Bhai. 

"I think I'm rather generous seeing that your last plan put 5 of us in the hospital with sprained legs before an important match." Rahul replied crossing his arms with a stare that said "NO".

"So what's the plan?" Shreyas asks ignoring Rahul.

"That's like the spirit my boy. Back in jamnagar.." Jaddu resumes reminiscing his good old days in his beloved hometown.

"Not the jamnagar stories again bhaiya, you've told both me and Shubi a million times."

"Bhai, you've told all of us the stories million times."

"That's where the best plans come from." Jadeja says winking at Hardik who winks back. 

"No we're not doing this, that is insane." Rahul says getting exactly what Jadeja and Hardik were planning to do.

"Rohit Bhai will kill all of us."

"Which is exactly why we have to do it." Ishan speaks in a sort of notorious tone. He was going to love the idea, Of course he would. It was the great jaddu bhai's plan.

There was time, Shubman thought. There was going to be so much time to get comfortable. He could talk to Shahneel di later. He could convince his parents later. Right now, he wanted to live in the moment, just love Ishan like he always did. Secretly.

Shubman sighed in relief that he still had this team close to him, close to his heart. He was glad nothing had changed with his family, his di and his Ishan.

 Yet.