Big day

The night before his debut ODI, Shubman found it difficult to sleep. The weight of Virat's advice and the excitement of the upcoming match kept his mind buzzing. He replayed Virat's words in his head, finding strength in Virat's belief in him.

The next morning, the team gathered at the stadium, a mix of nerves in the air. Shubman, now clad in the Team India jersey, felt a surge of pride. Ishan, not missing a chance to tease, slapped him on the back.

"Ready for your big day, Shubi?" Ishan grinned. 

"As ready as I'll ever be," Shubman replied, a hint of nervousness still present in his voice.

The warm-up sessions were intense, but as the players went through their paces, a sense of unity and purpose enveloped the team as always. The support from teammates and Rohit's pep talk had worked wonders for the team's confidence.

Ishan had already played a few times under the team but the tension always seemed to be there. But, it always got better when he joked around with the team, Rohit Bhai especially. His favourite.

As they lined up for the national anthem, Shubman glanced at Virat and Rohit, who nodded with an encouraging smile. The familiar melody played, and in that moment, Shubman felt the weight of representing his country.

The match began, and as Shubman and Rohit walked out to bat, the roar of the crowd echoed in his ears. The first few deliveries were nerve-wracking, but with each passing ball, Shubman settled into his natural rhythm. 

The innings with Rohit bhai always put the team to a good start, He also wanted to give that hope to the country. The hope, for the continuation of the game.

The nervousness transformed into focus, and Shubman played each shot with the confidence Virat had instilled in him.

In the dugout, Virat watched with a sense of pride. Ishan, despite his playful banter, was glued to the match, silently cheering for Shubman. The team's energy was palpable, and the camaraderie that had been forged during the night's pep talk carried them through.

Shubman's debut was a success. He made valuable contributions, and as the match concluded with a Team India victory, the celebrations were filled with joy. Virat approached Shubman with a warm handshake.

"Well played, Shubi. This is just the beginning," Rohit said, a twinkle of pride in his eyes. Virat hummed along. All of them were really happy for shubman, He aced his first one. There were more to go.

As they walked off the field together, Shubman felt a deep sense of gratitude for the team that had supported him, the guidance of his teammates, and the camaraderie that had turned the cricket field into a home.

 The journey ahead was uncertain, but one thing was sure – Shubman was ready for whatever challenges lay ahead, knowing he had a team that stood together, win or lose.

The team's celebration continued in the locker room, filled with laughter, cheers, and congratulatory pats on Shubman's back. The adrenaline from the match still pulsed through their veins, and Shubman found himself surrounded by teammates sharing stories and reliving key moments of the game. 

Amidst the jubilation, Virat approached Shubman once more. "You did us proud today, Shubi. Your debut was exceptional, and I can see a bright future ahead for you in Team India," Virat commended, his words carrying the weight of both mentorship and camaraderie.

Shubman, still in the glow of his successful debut, smiled gratefully at Virat. "Thank you, bhaiya. Your words before the match made all the difference. I couldn't have asked for a better start."

Ishan, overhearing the conversation, added with a playful smirk, "Yeah, yeah, Virat bhai, you're officially our team's motivational speaker now. Move aside, coaches!"Bumrah laughed along, He had the most fun making fun of Virat bhai.

The banter continued, and as the team relished their victory, Shubman reflected on the journey that had brought him to this moment. From the nerves of the night before to the exhilaration of stepping onto the field, it had been a rollercoaster of emotions. Yet, with the never-ending support of his teammates, Shubman felt a sense of belonging, a true part of the Team India family.

As they left the stadium, the celebration spilt over into the night.

"Shout louder, My best friend has slayed," Ishan shouts and shubman looks down trying to stop him as he gets embarrassed.

"Ishan, Shut up," Everyone says in sync.

 Shubman's phone buzzed with calls from friends and family, congratulating him on the successful debut. But amidst the individual achievements, the collective spirit of the team stood out. It was a bond forged not just on the field but also in the shared moments of laughter, encouragement, and the unspoken understanding that every victory and defeat was a collective experience.

The night, which had started with nerves and anticipation, ended with a sense of accomplishment and unity. 

Shubman, now more than ever, felt like a true member of the Indian cricket team, ready to face the challenges and triumphs that lay ahead in this thrilling journey of international cricket.

This Diwali, let's fill our hearts with warmth and togetherness, Celebrating the festival of lights in unity and love. 

Thank you for reading, Have a nice day.