Curse word.

As Ishan navigated the complexities of his relationship with Niyati and sought closure, Shubman grappled with his own silent battle behind the scenes – an internal struggle with anxiety. The weight of the pressure from his own challenges took a toll on Shubman's mental health. 

Mental health, A word that is more of a curse. All that mattered of an athlete to people was their physical health.

No one cares if they're dying inside, No one cares. All that mattered was their game.

It was just another day and all of them were here for practice.

"Shreyas, I heard you were looking for a Tamil bride. Found one?" Jaddu bhai asks.

"Bhai, wish I was as lucky as you. But, I'm not looking for a bride."Shreyas says laughing about the Tamil bride. His parents definitely spread the worst of news to his teammates.

"You're looking for a groom? Rahuliya is there for you"Virat bhai adds.

"Ew, no. Why are you so disgusting bhai? Rahul is my best friend."  Everyone laughs including Ishan. Just that his was a bittersweet one.

"Shubi, you dead?" Siraj asks as Shub looks zoned out. Shubman is usually the one laughing the loudest at the lamest of jokes. Everyone found it shocking that his noise wasn't heard this time. 

"Yes, everything alright," Shubman says smiling. Ishan nudges Shubman and asks if everything is fine.

I am fine, Shubman answers through his hands and smiles. 

That fake smile, again.

Virat definitely had to talk to the boy later.

Today's practice felt more intense for shubman and he panted after the running. He was catching his breath.  Ishan came around and offered him water.

"You can sit if you feel sick. I'll tell Rohit bhai, he will understand" How could he read through him as if he were transparent?

He tried his best to be opaque, but Ishan made him weak.

"I'll be fine"

"END of practice." Rohit bhai said which felt like a few years this time for shubman. He loved all the practice sessions, but this time he was exhausted. Of life maybe...

Shubman tried to reach his room as soon as possible after the practice session. The weight of the day, both physically and mentally, pressed down on him. His steps felt heavy, and each breath seemed harder to draw.

Ishan noticed Shubman's struggle and decided to follow him. He found Shubman sitting on his bed, staring into space, exhaustion etched across his face. 

Shubi, you sure you're okay?" Ishan asked, genuine concern in his eyes.

Shubman looked at Ishan and managed a weak smile. "Yeah, just tired. It's been a long day."

Ishan didn't buy it. He knew Shubman too well, and the exhaustion seemed more than just physical fatigue. Ishan sat down beside him, offering a silent presence.

"Ish, I want some time alone. I really want to talk to you too but I want to talk to Di first. Can you maybe" Shubman struggles to complete the sentence. 

Ishan understands it too well, Ruffles shubman's hair and leaves the room without speaking a word.

Space,

they almost never needed space.

But if shubman thinks he needs it for some time, Ishan was more than ready to give space.

Ishan ponders throughout the corridors and hums to Shah Rukh sir's songs but, the questions unanswered were killing him.

He asked shubman if everything was fine multiple times but all Shubi did was lie to him. Why would he lie to him?

Could Shubi not be honest like he is?

What was he suffering through alone? Why were they not together? Maybe Ishan should have noticed a little sooner.

Shubman calls shahneel Di as soon as Ishan steps out. He felt awful having to tell Ishan to leave the room, even if it was just for a while but he needed this.

For himself, For Ishan, For his team, For his family.

For everything.

"Di, Are you free? I need some of your time." Shubman asks hesitantly after the call gets connected. His di's voice should definitely make it better. After all it was a few weeks since he talked to her.

A few more chapters focusing on mental health issues will be coming up, these might seem like fillers but for me, This is the most crucial part. This is where the characters develop, and get exposed to reality. 

For me,  the main purpose of starting this story was to expose people to reality and discuss topics that are often avoided. I wanted to do this in a more convincing and enjoyable way.

Hope you understand. Happy reading.

Good day/night