promises

The following day, the team set out for yet another adventure. Today was the last day of their trip. Rohit was all excited and packed up with another boost of energy.

"How are you more excited than me?" Virat asks still with his half eyes closed all grumpy.

"Trips do that to me!"

"We'll get going in another 30 minutes" Rohit announces as all of them start hurrying and getting ready. The places they had to visit today weren't as heavy as yesterday, Today was going to be a slight day.

After an hour, they had their breakfast at a local joint. 

"I'll marry this poha" Shreyas says stuffing his mouth with the food.

The team continued their leisurely exploration, weaving through local markets and quaint shops. The day unfolded at a slower pace, allowing the players to soak in the charm of Lonavala in a more relaxed manner.

As they strolled through the markets, Virat and Anushka were spotted selecting trinkets and souvenirs together. Their laughter echoed through the narrow lanes as they enjoyed the simplicity of the moment.

"Ishu, look at this," Shubman says pointing towards the chain with an infinite pendant.

Ishan needn't hear more, He immediately decided to buy it as a present for himself and Shubman, a portrayal of their relationship and promises.

Rohit, being the energetic captain, led the way with enthusiasm. "Alright, lads, let's make the most of our last day here. Any specific requests or places you want to visit?"

"I heard there's a beautiful garden nearby. Can we go there?" Rishabh suggested, eager to experience a different side of Lonavala.

"Sounds like a plan. Let's head to the garden," Rohit agreed, and the team redirected their course toward the lush greenery.

As they entered the garden, the vibrant colours of blooming flowers and the fragrance of nature surrounded them. It was a refreshing change from the adventures of the previous day, offering a tranquil escape.

"I didn't expect Lonavala to have such beautiful gardens. This is a hidden gem," observed Kuldeep, appreciating the natural beauty around them.

Jaddu, always with a playful spirit, couldn't resist teasing. "Looks like Rohit is adding 'travel guide' to his resume."

Rohit chuckled, "Why not? I have an eye for good places."

In the midst of the garden, Ishan and Shubman found a quiet bench, away from the playful banter. The infinite pendant now hung around Shubman's neck, a thoughtful gift from Ishan.

"I love it, Ishu. Thank you," Shubman expressed his gratitude, his eyes reflecting the genuine appreciation.

"I'm glad you like it. It symbolizes our connection—timeless and infinite," Ishan replied with a smile.

"It's like a promise that we'll stay with each other, No matter what happens," Shubman says as he caresses Ishan's hands gently smiling and assuring him that everything will be fine.

"That's so sappy, You guys act like you're an old married couple," Rishabh says interrupting shubman and Ishan's sweet moment.

Ishan and Shubman exchanged amused glances, unfazed by Rishabh's comment. Shubman responded with a playful grin, "Well, we're just setting goals for the future generation, Rishabh."

Rahul joined in, adding to the banter, "Yeah, Rishabh, take notes. This is how you maintain a relationship."

"You traitors." Shreyas' voice echoed throughout the garden as he came running behind Ishan and Shubman who immediately ran away listening to his expression.

The day unfolded as beautiful as ever and the sun started to set in as they all gathered to their bus after a hot cup of chai.

All of them sat in the buses and immediately slept as the dimmed lights of Lonavala fell over their travel. 

Virat, still half asleep, mumbled to Anushka, "Best trip ever. I needed this break."

Anushka smiled, "Me too. It's good to see everyone enjoying themselves."

As the bus continued its journey, the quietness of the night enveloped them, with only the soft murmur of conversations and the occasional laughter breaking the silence. The fatigue of the day gradually gave way to a sense of tranquillity as the players surrendered to the embrace of sleep.

"This trip created a lot of memories that can never be forgotten" Shubman stutters in his sleep as Ishan gives a hum in reply.

Shubman put his head on Ishan's shoulder and slept almost immediately. Ishan's shoulders were his favourite pillow. 

Ishan never knew that Lonavala would unfold a lot of his deep secrets but it did. 

He never imagined that the confession would be much easier than having to deal with his emotions, But, Shubman always made everything look easier.

Shubman snuffled cutely in his sleep as Ishan looked at him with a deep stare that only showed love and affection. 

While everything went dark and everyone in the team slept,

Ishan might or might not have planted a sweet peck on shubman's frowny forehead. That was shubman's cutest trait, his frown was adorable. Ishan could stare at Shubman without breaking his gaze.

He had one more mission to do, Talk to his brother about it. He needed to know. It would not be an easy task but he had to try.

Maybe, just maybe, if he hadn't decided to talk to his family about Shubman and him, They could have gotten a different kind of closure.

Was the promise going to be kept? Many questions still remained unanswered but love was worth it,

right?