Chapter 31 - Chapter 40

Start from the beginning

200 kg of weight. Plus the 300 kg of weight on the barbell. That's a total of half a ton. Li Yao was not prepared for that weight. Of course, he was firmly squashed.

"How despicable. But, five... five hundred kilograms is still nothing special!"

Li Yao was smashed into seeing stars. He gritted his teeth unwaveringly. He braced his hands tightly and veins, thick and solid, popped out on his arms. The bones in his entire body creaked randomly as he stiffly straightened his back. He grasped the barbell once again, spread his feet apart, lowered his hips, and got up with complete stability.

One repetition of the standard squat... was completed!

With a total weight of... 500 kg!

In the dream of grandeur, I had to endure several dozen years under the Titan. His methods were crueler than yours by a hundredfold, you dying old geezer. You think this is hard enough to stop me? You're dreaming!" cried Li Yao in his heart. He once again squatted down to a deep position to prepare for his second rep.

Suddenly, it was like a bolt of lightning hacked into his soul. Li Yao felt that all 720 acupoints in his body simultaneously conducted with a strong current of electricity. The shock caused his hair to puff up and his eyes to go white. With a blood-curdling shriek, he fell once more to the ground. The barbell slammed heavily into the squat rack with a "Bang!", causing rust to randomly explode off and dust to fly into the air.

"The second ability of 'Give Up' is the ability to produce a powerful electric current. It has short intervals of 3-5 seconds and long intervals of 2 minutes per shock, bombarding against your body's acupoints. It will stimulate your cells into becoming stronger and purify your body and mind so it can be reborn completely. Tsk tsk tsk tsk. This is a cultivation treasure that anyone would dream of using! The only thing is the small bit of minor pain that comes with it. You can still handle it, right?" Sun Biao was beaming with smiles as he asked.

"You, you're joking! Of... of course, I can handle this!" Li Yao's lips were bitten into a bloody mess. He lay on the ground, panting for breath for a long time before he was able to crawl back up with utter difficulty. His right hand was shaking and trembling. He felt for the barbell with a difficulty incomparable.

His fingers hadn't even touched the barbell when the assault of an unbearable pain came striking once more! This time, the pain wasn't that of a strong electric current but that of extreme heat!

It was like his entire body was tossed into a volcano. He was struggling in the incomparably hot magma, causing his skin to be roasted and his blood to flow at racing speeds as boiling molten iron!

Then in the next second, the scorching heat suddenly dissipated. In its place was bone-penetrating freezing chill that practically caused even his brains to freeze into an ice cube. He was completely unable to take a breath or think a thought!

He felt the blazing heat and the freezing cold alternate three times before it gradually faded away. Before Li Yao could even screech miserably, an electric current attacked his acupoints once more. It tore through his body, causing him to twitch involuntarily!

"This is the final magical ability of 'Give Up'. It produces an illusionary attack of a blazing heat and a freezing cold every minute. Be at ease. This targets the deepest and most mysterious part of your mind — it's all an illusion. It won't cause harm to a single hair on your body. Instead, it tempers your mental strength by breaking open the depths of your mind. If one day you become a cultivator, it can also allow you to absorb greater amounts of spiritual energy, increasing your cultivation speed by many factors over other people."

A trace of disappointment flashed on the old fogeys face when he looked at Li Yao's painful appearance of rolling all over the floor. The old fogey laughed to himself and yawned. He said lazily, "Okay~ I've had my fun. Go ahead and change clothes. These clothes weren't prepared just for you. All you need to say the three words 'I give up' and it will automatically remove itself from you. It won't torment you any longer."