I sighed leaning my head back and closing my eyes "He doesn't want me in the business"

"He's fucking 11 Bariona!" I heard my dad yell

"He should be training! You know that! You fucking baby him!"

"He's a fucking child! He should be stressing about school. Not a damn gun. I didn't even touch a gun until I was 12"

"Yeah because of where you were"

"Shut the hell up, you're fucking giving me a headache"

"I'm-I'm sorry Matteo. I didn't mean that"

"Whatever. I don't care"

"Matteo-"

"What the fuck did I say about touching me?"

"It's not fair that you treat me like this"

My dad chuckled "What do you want?"

"I'm your wife Matteo!"

"My wife?" He said laughing "You're Alonzo's mother to me, any form of friendship we had left the moment you pulled that shit"

"That's not-"

"I wouldn't even call it a fucking friendship. You were friends with Laila and Tina and I had to fucking put up with you-" I walked into the kitchen and my dad took a step back from my mom "Alonzo, it's early. Did we wake you?"

I shook my head "No, I'm just hungry"

My dad nodded his head "I can-"

"How about I make you some breakfast?" My mom said

I looked at my dad who was already looking at my mom "Can I just have some cereal?"

"Of course-"

"You need a real breakfast, Alonzo," my mom said "Sit down. I'll make you something"

My dad's phone started ringing and he looked down at it and then looked at me "I'll take you to school"

I looked at my mom "I'm not really hungry anymore"

"You need to eat Alonzo"

"I can just ask Dad-" I paused hearing my dad speak in that language again

"bialtabe sati, kayf halahu? 'aelam 'ana al'amr saeb ealayh fi hadha alwaqt min aleam" (Of course I will come, how is he? I know it's hard for him this time of year) my dad looked back at me "naema, naeam sa'ahduruhu. yumkinuna 'an nughadir baed qalili, ladayh madrasat walakiniy 'aelam 'anak turid muqabalatah ya 'abi" (Yes, yes I will bring him. We can leave in a moment, he has school but I know you want to meet him, Dad)

"What language is that?" I asked my mom

"A useless language. One you'll never speak" she said lowly

My dad hung up the phone and came over to me "Alonzo how would you feel about taking a trip?"

I nodded my head "That sounds cool, where?"

"To Egypt. Meet some of your family-"

"I don't think that's a good idea, Matteo"

"Well, that's why you don't do that too often huh?"

"Do what?"