XVI - black is the new red

"You're joking!" Narcissa exclaimed as she put on her dewdrop earrings.

"I wish I was Cissy." Danica whined. "Having one Dumbledorefore in this world was already far too much but two..."

The night was young and the two girls were running around their dorm room, frantically dolling themselves up.

"That's mad. I would've never thought the Headmaster had a brother.", Narcissa chuckled. "How is he? Enigmatic? Annoying? A douche?"

"Cissy! That's not nice." Danica jokingly scolded her friend and threw a pillow at her who only kept laughing. "Though, you're right to think so. Albus is certainly a douche. But, his brother was surprisingly nice." she told her as she styled her dark hair into glamorous waves.

"Merlin, Dani. So, a butterbeer is only what it takes to lure you over to the enemy side." Narcissa feigned shock.

"Don't exaggerate." she rolled her eyes. "I needed shelter away from the rain, and I only took his offer."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." Narcissa sprayed her lily perfume into her blonde hair as the last touch and finally turned towards Danica in excitement. "I'm done! Are you coming?"

"Yeah, a moment." Danica struggled to strap on her heels.

When she finally managed, she stood up and looked at herself in the mirror.

"Stop looking, you're very pretty." Narcissa nudged her with a smile. "If I was Huber, I'd faint just from your radiance."

"Don't be stupid, Cissy." Danica chuckled along.

She was indeed pretty, there was no denial. Her hair looked ever so soft and silky, and her skin was glowing. She wore the finest jewelry and perfume. But her dress kept bothering her. It was perfect on her figure.  Floor-length satin gown, embroidered with silver thread. It was beautiful, but it was black.

She huffed in annoyance at the thought of someone beating her to the red satin, but shrugging it off, she turned around and held out her gloved hand.

"Let's go, Narcissa. We can't make our dates wait any longer."

Excitedly, her best friend grabbed onto her hand and began impatiently pulling Danica out of the door.

The halls of Slytherin have long since emptied out. Everyone was already dancing away in the dining hall.

Hand in hand, the two best friends walked down the carpeted stairs, leading toward the dimly lit common room. With each step, the outline of two male figures became more and more prominent.

Narcissa's eyes sparkled with love at the sight of the ever-so-stoic, aristocratic Malfoy.

"Lucius!", she ran towards him. "I hope you didn't have to wait for too long."

Lucius turned towards her, his posture regal and composed. His impeccably tailored robes flowed elegantly around him, accentuating his tall frame. A glint of silver adorned his tie, matching the violet hue of Narcissa's dress.

"Not at all, Narcissa," he replied with a courteous nod. "Though I'd recommend you to wear a watch next time."

Narcissa didn't seem to notice, or if she did, she didn't mind his underhanded remark. Happily, she linked their arms together, and they walked out of the common room.