Sub-drop

Formated, not edited

When Tim woke up the next morning, Berdar had left. Maurice was up and on his phone.

"Hey. Good morning."

He didn't get a reply from the younger.

"Have you been up for long?" Again, no reply. Tim sat up in the bed to look at Maurice properly. "Hey. Are you alright?"

Maurice gave him a dismissive hum. Tim frowned at him but decided to leave it for now. Maurice had never been a morning person.

"I'm gonna get dressed and make some breakfast. Wanna join later?"

Maurice gave another hum.

"I'm gonna assume that's a yes then. I'll wait for you in the kitchen. You know your way around."

Tim got up a bit irritated at Maurice's irresponsiveness. He got dressed and started making breakfast. Maurice didn't come. Even after finishing to prepare breakfast, Maurice didn't show up.

Tim decided to take a look and tell Maurice he could come eat. When he came into the room, Maurice was still on the phone. "Hi. Breakfast's ready. Wanna join?"

He didn't get a reply. Tim started to get annoyed with his behavior.

"Fine, don't answer me then. I'm gonna have breakfast. You can come if you want."

He left the room and went back to the kitchen. He ate in silence and cleaned after him, assuming Maurice won't come for breakfast later since he still hasn't showed up.

When he walked back to his room and entered, Maurice was still on his phone. Tim was seriously getting irritated at his behavior.

"Not hungry?"

He asks while walking towards the younger. He didn't get a reply once again.

"Yo, can you please answer me when I'm talking to you? What's wrong with you today?"

Maurice showed no reaction.

Tim grabbed his phone and held it away from the bed.

"Hey, look at me! Can you hear me? I'm talking to you."

Maurice looked up at him, staring into his eyes without a word.

Tim looks at him with a frown, still holding the phone away from the bed, suddenly noticing how tears are starting to form in the younger's eyes.

"Hey..."

Tim put the phone on the bedside table and sat on the bed next to Maurice.

"Did something happen?"

He ran his hand through Maurice's hair, scratching his scalp gently.

Maurice looked at him wordlessly for a bit longer before suddenly tearing up. Tim was surprised at his reaction but quickly embraced him in his arms.

"It's okay, it's okay, it's gonna be fine. Whatever it is... I'm with you, okay? We'll...figure it out."

He let Maurice cry into his chest, stroking his head lovingly. After a while he had calmed down a little, and Tim pulled away to look to him.

"Feeling a bit better?" Maurice gave him a faint nod.

"Do you wanna tell me what's got you upset?"

He waited a a moment before shrugging.

"Is there a specific reason why you're not speaking?"

Maurice thought for a moment before shaking his head.