He unlatches from around my waist, before twisting and going back to sleep as I clamber up. Pulling on a large jumper belonging to Cato, I take the dogs back down to the kitchen. Mick limps behind me and Cas, but still just about manages to keep up. I feed them quickly, before stretching and twisting, brushing my hair out. The doorbell rings and I grow quiet, before padding over and opening it. Varya is on the doorstep and behind her, my entire prep team and a crate. Immediately, my face is set in a scowl.

"Aw, Mitzi, it's almost like you don't want to see us." Varya teased, before leaning in to kiss my cheek. "Did I wake you?"

"No, but you'll wake Cato."

"I need him out. He can't see this."

"What's this?"

"Your wedding dress of course!" Varya reminds me with a wink as I scowl further. "Go on, wake up Cato. I dread to think that if I do it, he might stab me."

"I'll send him somewhere with the dogs." I turn, padding back upstairs as my prep team makes themselves at home in my house, running a bath for me and getting things ready. When I reach my room, Cato is already up, running a tired hand over his face. I place a kiss to the back of his neck, leaning into his warmth as I drape myself across his shoulders. "My stylists are here with my wedding dress or a few for me to try on and take photos with."

"I know where I'm not wanted." Cato chuckles, before turning to kiss me as I smile and press a kiss to his shoulder. We both take a moment of silence, as I trace shapes over his chest.

"Mitzi! Come on. Cato, you have to leave!"

"They're so demanding." Cato stands, pulling a shirt and trousers on, ruffling his hair as he pads down the stairs and greets everyone with the cocky and brash personality from the Capitol. I laugh as I follow him down, watching as he pulls on his coat and shoes and whistles for the dogs. They had been studying the crate, but abandoned it to go to Cato's side and in a moment they're gone and I'm left with my prep team.

After the usual complaints and whines about the deteriorated state of my beauty, they get straight to business. This time, I'm lucky enough to avoid being waxed and instead get to be shaved, since they just need me to look hairless for a few hours. I still have to soak in a tub of something, but not for that long and then, it's hair and makeup. I've tuned out my team for the most part, which is usually me best bet if I don't want to feel sick.

But, Lish makes a comment that catches my attention. It's a passing remark, about fish at a party and the lack of it.

"Why couldn't you get salmon? Is it out of season?" I knew that salmon wasn't as much in season at the moment, but I still thought there was for the Capitol.

"Mitzi, we haven't been able to get any seafood for weeks!" Lish cried. "You know, the weather's been so bad in District Four."

My mind started to whir. No seafood for weeks? District Four? When we were there for the Victory Tour, the crowd was thrumming with anger, but would they have truly revolted?

I began to nudge my team in a certain direction, asking more questions about the other hardships the winter had brought on them. For them, any little disruption in the food line meant that they would complain.

Bu the time I'm ready to be dressed, their complaints have given me a sense of which districts might have revolted. Districts four, three and eight. It was a widespread rebellion and that in itself filled me with fear and timid excitement.

Power Over Me ↦ Cato Hadleyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें