Chapter - 5

Rhea

When I reach home, my mom approaches me and asks me how my interview went.

I flash her my happy smile. "It went really well, Mom. I have a feeling that I will get this job."

"Oh really! that's great to hear, sweetie." Excitement in my mom's voice is clear.

When I sit on the sofa, my eyes snags on the laptop, placed on the top of the center table. Looking at mom, I ask her. "What were you doing, mom?"

"Oh, I was writing the blogs." She replies back with a smile.

My mom is a Punjabi blogger. My mom and my dad met at a mutual friend's marriage anniversary party in India and they hit it off from there. They went on a couple of dates and dated each other for 2 years before they decided to tie the knot. So, after marriage, my mom came to New York City with my dad and settled here.

The love and bond that dad and mom share with each other is something to treasure. They are really perfect for each other irrespective of their different religion and nationality. They fight with each other but they also fix the problems with maturity. They have never let a small fight create any kind of bridge between them or effect me in any way. That's what I love the most about my parents. I want this in my life too.

It has to be with Aiden or else I'm not going to settle.

"Rhea, for which company did you give interview for again?"

Mom's sweet voice disrupts me from my reverie.

Shit

I can't say to mom that I went to Kingston's Security for interview because she will tell it to dad and then I have to face dad's wrath. Right now, I'm not ready to confront dad.

Clearing my throat, I lie to her. "I went to give interview for KV Elite Security."

I hate lying to mom and dad but I don't have any choice left.

She nods. "Oh okay. Get freshened up and take some rest and I will catch up with you later." My mom put a kiss on my forehead and exists my room.

At the same time, my phone rings with a name flashing on the screen which brings a smile on my face.

Sam

"Hey Rhea! How are you, babe? How was the interview?"

I smile at her enthusiastic voice. "I'm doing great, Sam. The interview with Aiden went really good."

Apart from Cassie, she's my best friend and roommate while I was in California. Also, she is the one who encouraged me to give this plan a go.

"How is Aiden now like how does he look right now? Does he get more hot than he was in his teenage? Does he have a chis-". "Sam, calm down! Don't get your BP high." We both burst out into laughter.

I tell her that he has gotten hotter now and confirm her guess that he has gotten a chiseled jaw line and has a style sense to die for.

"Dammn, you lucky gurl!" She grins.

I sigh. "I will be lucky if I get selected for the position and make him remember me."

"You will be selected for the position undoubtedly and you'll see that this plan will turn out be a successful one!"

I smile lightly. "Yeah. I hope so."

I can practically see her frowning her eyebrows at my words."It will be, Rhea. Be positive. Then you'll thank me for pushing you to execute this amazing plan." I'm sure that she has just flipped her hair over her shoulder.

We talk a bit more about her job that she has bagged in a big fashion magazine company and how she is enjoying working there.

"I'm so proud of you, Sam!"

"Thanks Rhea!"

Then we say goodbye to each other and we promise to talk later more.

I hope I get selected for the job.

Next morning, I get the email from Kingston's Security stating that I have been selected for Aiden Kingston's Secretary position. I literally dance in delight on seeing the confirmation mail.

I inform Sam about this good news and she is totally over the moon. "OMG bestie! I'm so happy for you! You go and get your man!"

I laugh heartily. "Yeah, I'll do."

I'm coming for you, Aiden.

Author's Note

So, what are your thoughts on this chapter? Lemme know in the comments!

Also, guys! How was your weekend?

Please vote, comment and share this story with your loved ones and friends. Your support means the world to me <33!

Happy Reading ❤️

Also, this is how I'm imagining Samantha in this story. You can imagine her as per your choice.

 You can imagine her as per your choice

Samantha Jones