Walking in the breeze

Start from the beginning

"Uns geht es gut, danke der Nachfrage." ("We are fine, thanks for asking.")

Then she started to speak english again, shifting her head to the dog again which still was being petted by Nikolai.

"Hey, how about you three come inside and eat lunch with us. I'm sure the others are going to be delighted to have visitors."

Both Fyodor and you opened your mouth, wanting to politely decline, but Nikolai snaked his arms around your shoulders, putting a hand over both your mouths so you couldn't speak and slithly leaned forward, smiling.

"How could we decline such a polite offer?"

Christa lead you inside the large farm house, talking with you about the time you haven't visited them. Fyodor looked around seemingly interested at the photos on the walls while Nikolai's intention still was on the dog. If you thought about it, they both had a similar colour scheme with all the black and white Nikolai usually wore.

The other two children Christa was with, Erik and Frieda, were walking a few steps in front of you wondering about what there'll be for lunch.

Soon you reached a big room with a long table. Most of the orphans already were sitting in their chairs and the table was already set. Christa showed us some free seats while Erik and Frieda went to get more plates, forks and knives.

The old couple who ran the orphanage greeted you and your companions and soon also the orphans became curious about the guests they were having over. Most of the children knew you, only two of them you didn't know. Soon you learned that they were new here and still neede to get to used to the orphanage and their new life.

Nikolai and Fyodor weren't spared of the children's attention either. Nikolai was approached by the younger ones due to his clown like attire. Fyodor mostly was asked about the miss of his arm. While the russian had a calm and polite composure, Nikolai was almost as cheerful and boisterous as the children.

He let them climb on top of him, chuckled when they played with his long braid and even gave them his top hat to try on. Despite their totally diffrent reactions on the orphans, both of them seemed comfortable around them and it looked like this feeling was mutual.

Not long after your arival, a few older teenagers came in with pots and bowls in their hands. The lunch consisted of Nuremberg sausages and mashed potatoes.

"Hmmm, that's delicious!", Nikolai exclaimed after taking the first few bites. A few of the children giggled at the man's exaggerated statement.

The lunch was rather quiet, just whispering in the background besides the sounds of the crockery.

Suddenly there was a high pitched scream from across the room. You shifted your gaze to the source of the noise to see a little girl leaning away from another girl wearing a black sweater. The little girl had a scared and slightly disgusted expression on her face while the other looked startled and confused.

"Eww Milena has a rat in her pocket!"

A mixture of screams and laughter broke out. One of the older boys, a blond boy named Julius, chuckled before talking to Milena.

"Milena, please put Amadeus back in his cage. Charlotte is scared of rats."

Milena chuckled nervously, excusing herself and apologising to Charlotte and standing up to take away her rat. Nikolai was chuckling at the situation, but soon turned his attention back to his food. Fyodor on the other hand followed Milena with his eyes, a curious expression on his face, which didn't go unnoticed by you.

After lunch, in the afternoon, you sat in the living room of the farm house, talking with the two new children. One boy and one girl. Nikolai was outside in the large garden, entertaining younger as well as older children with some of his magic tricks.

You looked at Fyodor from the corner of your eyes while you were having a conversation with the new orphans. He was sitting on the couch beside Milena, who showed him her pets. She had three pet rats, which where in hers and Fyodor's lap. Fyodor looked genuinely interested in the rodents. It was quite adorable in your opinion, how his one hand softly caressed the fur of the black rat in his lap, asking Milena questions about her pets.

Then you turned your attention to the conversation you were having. The boy, Mason, was talking about the relaxing, comfortable feeling in his body when he was around you. That made you chuckle. This was a side effect of your special ability. It wasn't as strong as your sphere, but you had this calming feeling you gave people just with your mere presence.

"You know, I have this very unique ability to make people comfortable around me. It's nothing weird to be relaxed around me."

The boy's eyes lit up.

"Just like Sasha! She also has a very unique ability!", he exclaimed with a bright face while pointing at his older sister. Sasha looked a bit flustered, seemingly not liking to be the center of attention. You chuckled.

"Oh really? What can she do then?", you asked both of them.

Just as Mason opened his mouth to speak again, his sister shut him up and sighed.

"I can restore organisms, nothing more. It's not that impressive."

You looked in her with slight disbelief.

"Not that impressive? Do you know how useful that could be? Especially in the medical field."

Sasha looked away, flustered and slightly blushing at the praise she was given by you.

"Tell me, can you revive people with your ability?", you whispered carefully, not wanting to make her uncomfortable with your question.

She shook her head.

"No, I can not. I can restore their bodies, but I can not wake them up from death. Death is not reversible."

You nodded in understanding until suddenly a question popped up in your mind. You leaned in closer

"Sasha? Could you restore body parts?"

The girl tilted her head in confusion at your sudden extreme curiousity.

"Yes. Yes I can."

______________________________________________________

Ah yes...Rats :)

In my head both Nikolai and Fyodor are orphans...like the rest of the BSD characters.

Pinterest Link: https://pin.it/4RL33Me