Decay of Angels

The man was quiet, probably not really comprehenting the situation he was in. After a while he slowly nodded while he shifted his gaze from you to his own figure. He looked at his body for some time until his eyes locked onto his missing arm.

He let out a sigh, shaking his head slightly almost like he was disappointed. Then he looked at you again with a neutral expression on his face.

"I assume you are the one who treated my wounds."

His voice was raspy. Considering his current state and the fact that he didn't speak for quiet some time, this wasn't surprising. Something else stood out to you. He spoke english, but he had a russian accent. At least you thought it was russian. Although, his name being Dostoevsky was a fact that supported your suspicioun.

If you were honest, you liked his accent. It was quiet pleasant to hear. You nodded your head as affirmation.

"You're assumption is correct, Mr. Dostoevsky."

You got closer to the bed, putting on a pair of gloves. Fyodor lifted an eyebrow with the slightest bit of curiousity.

"You know my name. Nikolai must have told you my name."

You nod again. You're now right beside his bed.

"May I?", you asked motioning to his body.

He nodded expressionless. You carefully lifted up the white shirt you put on him when Nikolai brought him here.

"Can you sit up Mr. Dostoevsky?"

He slowly sat up, struggling a bit but eventually lifted his upper body. He let out a chuckle as you called him 'Mr. Dostoevsky'.

"Please, no need for formalities. Just call me Fyodor."

You smiled slightly before replying: "(Y/N). (Y/N) (L/N)."

You removed the bandages around his stomach, examinating his wound. Fyodor held still while you treated his wounds while observing you with half closed eyes.

After you were done checking his wounds and wrapping them up again, you looked at him. He had a calm expression while you put on the shirt again. Suddenly he spoke up again.

"You are an underground doctor if I'm not mistaken."

You raised an eyebrow at him curiously yet confused.

"You're not, but I must wonder, how did you come to that conclusion?"

He let out another chuckle, looking at you amused.

"First of all, there are no windows in this room, the only light source is the lamp on the ceiling, so i assume we are in a basement or some kind. In addition you are the only one treating my wounds. No nurses and seemingly no other doctors. And lastly, I must say the equipment is far from being as proper as in a normal hospital. No offense of course, I'm grateful for your help. I'll make sure to give you proper payment."

You chuckled at his words, shaking your head slightly.

"I see. Looks like you are quiet an intelligent man. I must say I wasn't expecting to be seen through that easily. And don't worry about the payment. First you recover then we talk about the pay."

He smiled at me. I couldn't tell if it was genuine or not but you decided to not pay your mind to it.

"Are you hungry?", you ask him, taking off your gloves. He nodded.

"I would appreciate a meal."

You nodded before leaving the room. You walked up the stairs, seeing Nikolai sitting on the couch while drinking a cup of hot coffee. His gaze shifted to you.

"You took longer than usual. Is Dos-kun okay?"

You looked at him. His hair was messy and didn't have the long braid he had when he came here. His eyes looked rather tired, his clothes untidy.

"He has woken up. I'm going to make some food for him", you say blankly, making your way to the kitchen. His face lightened up, as he abruptly stood up following you into the kitchen.

"Wait really? Can I visit him?", he asked in an energetic way. You looked at him in an uncertainly.

"Can you keep quiet. He needs rest, he just woke up."

He nodded rapidly. "I promise, I'll stay quiet."

I sigh. "Fine, you can give him a visit."

He smiled in a rather cute way. Or so did you think. But you quickly shoved that thought aside. He was your former lover, for heaven's sake. You shouldn't think like that when you're still not over him. Which you were, if you were honest, definitly not. You just knew that you still couldn't move on from him.

You started warming up some left overs for Fyodor. While you stood there at the herd, Nikolai leaned against the counter, watching you.

"Nikolai, can I ask you a question?"

He chuckled. "You just did but sure, go ahead, ask."

"Why couldn't you brought him to a public hospital? Why did you bring him to an underground doctor? And why to me specifically?"

His face twisted into a grin. "These are more than just one question, little songbird. But I'll make sure to answer them all. Why we're here? Well, I'm pretty sure you're smart so I think you already figured out that we do have some shady business going on, so going to a normal hospital wasn't an option. Why specifically to you? Let's just say you were the first person I could think of." He winked at you.

"Shady business? Are you part of some criminal organization or something?", you asked in a sarcastic tone.

"Bingo little songbird~", he practically shouted, grinning in my face joyfully.

You were a bit taken back by his frankness but quickly gained composure again.

"Oh! Oh well, may I know what kind of organization are you two part of?"

His grin turned into a smirk. "Ever heard of the decay of angels?"

That name rang a bell. You remembered hearing about the decay of angels on the news. They were some kind of terrorist group, hiding in japan.

"Wait, don't tell me you brought him here all the way from japan", you exclaimed in a shocked and disbelieving tone.

He just laughed at your shocked expression.

"No, no, we were here in europe. I was breakig Dos-kun out of prison."

"Breaking him out of prison? Is that why he got injured?"

He nodded. "Yup. Escaping mersault isn't the easiest thing to do, you know?"

"Mersault? You say he got locked up in there? What kind of ability does he have?"

He chuckled. "That's a secret, little songbird." He put one of his fingers over his lips while winking at you again.

There it was again. There stinging pain in your chest as he called you that. You pushed it away for the moment more or less successful. The meal was ready, so you put it on a plate grabbed some cutlery and made your way to the basement again, Nikolai following you.

____________________________________________________________

Well, finally some Fyodor.

I might upload some more chapters in the next days because I have some time now since I recently got sick.

Pinterest Link: https://pin.it/9ZGJpCF