CHAPTER 7

All information pertaining to the places in Palawan presented herein is sourced from Google.—I.S

"Hello?" sabi ko kasabay ng pag hikab.

"Good morning, babe!" Masiglang boses ni Chrixian ang bumungad sa 'kin kaya napaupo ako ng tuwid.

Kasalukuyan kaming magkausap through call at iyon ang gumising sa 'kin.

"Hmm, good morning din!"

"We're currently heading to the airport. Initially, I had planned to come to you first, but I know you're tired from last night's event, so I opted not to go there."

I couldn't help but smile at what he said. He's always so thoughtful. However, I'm saddened that I wasn't able to see him before he left for the US.

"Babe?"

"Hmm?"

"I miss you already. Hindi pa man ako nakakaalis ng bansa, miss na agad kita."

Hindi ko mapigilang matawa sa kan'ya. Kahit ako man ay nami-miss na kaagad siya.

"Do you miss me already, babe?"

"Hmm."

"How about I skip the trip to the US and stay here with you? I could talk to my parents, promise to be a good boy, and make it work, right?"

Muli akong natawa. What he just said is tempting, especially since I already miss him. However, I understand he has to do this. Probably months lang naman siyang mawawala, and we can still communicate through phones, so it's really fine.

"Nope, you're not going to do that. We can still communicate through phones naman." Sabi ko sa kan'ya dahil siguradong hindi siya magdadalawang isip na puntahan ako rito sa oras na magpahiwatig ako ng pagsang-ayon sa kan'ya.

"Fine."

Napangiti ako. Siguradong nakasimangot na siya ngayon.

"I will call you everyday so dapat lagi mong dala ang phone mo ha."

"Yes po." Nakangiti kong sagot.

Narinig kong huminga siya ng malalim at ilang minutong natahimik.

"I really don't want to go, babe. I just want to stay here with you, but I know I owe this to my parents. I'll be back once I'm done with everything, so always take care of yourself, okay?"

"Of course, I will just wait here."

"Aryt, and don't ever let that turon get any closer to you."

Hindi ko na naman napigilan ang matawa dahil sa sinabi niya.

"Of course."

"Okay, malapit na kaming bumaba. I love you."

"I love you too."

"And I love you more. Matulog ka muna ulit. Ibaba mo na, babe, love you again."

I smiled. He would never really hang up on me. He always wants me to be the one to end the call. I don't know why, but it always melts my heart.

I placed my phone under my pillow before lying on my bed again. It's still five in the morning, and I'm still so sleepy and tired from the event last night. I want to sleep more to regain my energy and divert myself from thinking that Kyzer will be out of the country for a while.