.65

1 month later

My eyes squeeze tightly shut, blocking out any noise as I focus intently on what I'm doing. The wind circles around me, howling loudly but I keep my eyes closed.

"Come on," I whisper.

It's been too long since I've brought my mother back, she claimed it was too dangerous whilst I was pregnant with Zhìlì and that I needed to take a break.

Slowly I open my eyes, sighing in relief when my mother stands before me with a smile on her older face.

"Grandma!" The kids laugh as they run towards her.

Aonung walks towards me, resting one hand around my waist whilst the other holds Zhìlì securely to his chest, rocking gently. I look down at Zhìlì, smiling at our sleepy boy as he cuddles up to his father.

Zhìlì looks like a miniature Aonung; they have all the same features. Metkayina tail and fins, dark hair and even a matching mole to his father. But Zhìlì has green eyes like me.

"Is this-?" Mum asks, walking towards us.

"This is Zhìli," I smile.

"Oh he's gorgeous," A tear drops from mums eye.

As mum slowly places her hand on Zhìlì head he lets out a yawn, scrunching his cute face up and cuddling further into Aonung. He can actually hold Zhìlì in one hand without him falling he's so small.

"Can we see?" Lubìta asks.

Aonung slowly lowers to his knees, being the correct height for all our kids now. Tùsnua is drastically taller than the others and keeps growing each day. Lubìta and Viata are around the same height and Hyvä is a head shorter than them.

"Muma," Viata taps my leg, extending her arms so I can pick her up.

I hold little Viata on my hip, kissing her forehead as we both look down at our family.

Hyvä reaches out to touch Zhìlì head but Lubìta slaps his arm before he could touch him so she could instead.

"Be nice," I warn and Lubìta groans.

Zhìlì's eyes suddenly blink open and so does his moth, drooling onto Aonungs chest as he hiccups. He then lets out a long cry and Aonung immediately stands up.

"I think he's hungry," Mum whispers. "You feed him, I'll be back soon."

Mum kneels down, hugging all her grandkids with smiles as they laugh and say bye. She stands up, walking over to Aonung and giving him a hug, kissing Zhìlì's head.

"Bye Viata," She smiles, hugging Viata and I at the same time. "Bye dear."

The wind picks up again and in the blink of an eye she's gone; vanished into thin air and back to her village.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 year later

"Are you sure you have everything?" I check with all the kids.

"Yes mum," Tùsnua laughs.

"I can't wait to stay with Aunt Tuk!" Hyvä jumps up and down excitedly.

"Remember if anything happens to Aunt Tuk and your all alone make sure you stay together and go get help," I say firmly.

"You give us this talk every time we leave the house, I'm an adult now," Lubìta rolls her eyes.