~9~

Maya Jackson

My face began to redden.

"Oh, uhm thank you! How'd you know these were my favorite flowers?" I smiled at him, noticing how nervous he was.

"When we were working together on one of the cases you mentioned how much you liked them. I only remembered it when I walked past the floral shop." He smiled back at me.

I walked closer to him, pulling him into a hug making sure not to crush the flowers. I step up on my tippy toes and plant a kiss onto his cheek.

"Thank you Tim, that's really sweet. Would you like to stay for a bit? I have to prepare for our Christmas party that I somehow decided to host." I chimed as I took a step back.

"Yeah of course! Do you need any help with anything?" He replied.

"Oh, I just have to wrap some presents and decorate." I mentioned.

He nodded, following me into my living room. He walked into my kitchen and put the flowers in a vase with some water.

He is so cute, his leather jacket and blue jeans clung to his body. The white shirt barely see through, but well enough you could see his toned abs underneath.

"Eyes up here Maya." He smirked.

I rolled my eyes before sitting down on the floor. I grabbed the tapes, scissors and wrapping paper.

He sat down next to me, taking another roll of wrapping paper and helped me with the presents.

It was a nice moment, Christmas music sang in the background. We were both silent as we finished our presents.

"Thank you for helping me Tim, it really means a lot." I gave him a soft smile before taking some of the presents and putting them under the tree.

I had name tags on all of them besides Tim's, I didn't want him knowing his gifts.

"Anytime Maya. I love being able to help you." He smiled back.

He put the rest of the presents under the tree. I took a step back admiring our hard work.

"We did great!" I look back at him smiling.

"Yes we did." He gave me a warm smile.

I felt his arms around me, pulling me into a hug.

If this wasn't the Christmas spirit I don't know what is.

I melt into his embrace. But I remind myself that he can't like someone like me.

"Tim. I have a question.." I muttered softly.

"What is it Maya?" I felt his voice echo in his chest.

"Do you think you could have ever liked me if I wasn't broken or used?" I whispered.

"Maya, don't say something like that. You aren't used or broken. You've been through hell and back, you are the strongest and most talented woman I know. I like you for you, it doesn't matter what you think you are or what has happened to you." I felt my heart ache at his response.

A single tear escaped my eyes as I took in every word he said.

I turn around, still wrapped in his arms. But now facing him. His embrace was warm and comforting.

We stood like this for a couple of minutes before he walked into my kitchen and made us both hot chocolate.

Once he came back I lean up and place my lips against his.

The kiss was soft and tender at first. He pulled back making sure this was okay.

I gave him a nod before he pulled me onto the couch, I was straddling his lap.

He grabbed my jaw slamming his lips against mine. I whined as I felt his teeth graze my bottom lip. He deepened the kiss, our tongues dancing with one another.

His hands grasped my shirt, I lifted my arms up. My shirt was thrown on the floor somewhere. Next was his shirt...

To be continued~

Don't hate me, I felt like it would be a good place to stop this chapter and carry it on in the other.

I hope you are enjoying this story, if you have any questions or ideas feel free to comment them! I read every single comment you guys post!

If you are indeed enjoying this, feel free to follow and leave a like on the chapter:) have a good night.