0.36

Casey

"I burnt the chicken nuggets."

I shift my gaze from the TV to Westley, nearly awing at the pout on his lips. A mountain of darkened chicken nuggets pile on the plate I gave him for Christmas, almost toppling over. He sets the plate down, sighing deeply at his mistake. "They aren't that burnt."

"It's practically nugget jerky."

I pick up and eat one of the chicken nuggets, testing his theory. They may be a bit overdone, but they're in no one burnt or dry. "They're good." Westley huffs and grumbles like a child before plopping beside me. "Just crispy."

The blonde scoffs, "More like chard." I wave his nonsense off, eating another chicken nugget to assure him how delicious they truly are. "Did you find a movie?"

"Not yet."

"It's okay, we can make our own movie." I gasp, having to cough and force myself to gag in order not to choke on my food. Westley snickers at my reaction, patting my back to help me breathe better. Westley and I hang out entirely too much if he's now saying dirty jokes. Not that I'm complaining, though. "I'm joking, but I do want a kiss."

"But... I'm busy eating chicken nuggets." Yeah, we definitely hang out too much. If that's not the most Westley coded phrase I've spoken, I don't know what is. My boyfriend sighs dramatically, crossing his arms. I stare at him, amused and engrossed with his preciousness. "I'm kidding, c'mere."

Within seconds of setting the plate aside, our mouths and bodies are pressed together.

Our kiss remains slow and loving. Smiles peak between our lips while warm, fuzzy feelings spark our bodies. Oh, how I could kiss Westley forever. Nothing beats the beautiful feelings that coarse through me when I kiss my boyfriend.

In the midst of the moment, an odd, buzzing noise interrupts us. Is that my phone? Please don't tell me someone is trying to talk to me right now. Why do I never silence that damn thing?

"Baby, your pho-"

"Forget it."

And we do. Until my phone vibrates again.

A low groans leaves my mouth, rumbling between Westley's and I's lips. After one last peck or two, I release my hold on Westley, moving to grab the device. I stare at the caller ID, a sick feeling forming in my stomach. Why is this happening right now? "Oh."

"Who is it?"

I relook at the screen, just to be 100 percent sure I'm seeing right. "My dad..."

"Are you gonna answer?"

"I think I have to..." Westley nods, and stands from the bed to give me privacy. However, his support during a phone call with my dad would be needed. God knows how awkward or awful this conversation could go. "Please stay."

"Okay, baby."

With hesitancy, I answer the call, pressing my phone to my ear. "Hello?" I wait a moment, hearing nothing in response. Did he accidentally call me? No, mustn't have if he called a second time. "Hello?"

Finally, a voice broke through. And hearing it made my insides crumble with despite. "Hey, it's been a while." I haven't noticed til now I haven't spoken to my dad since Christmas.  I'm not surprised, though. I've definitely gone longer. "Do you want to stop by soon?"