Chapter Nineteen

Spyro watched as Michael landed in the square, over the last few weeks he had been coming and going frequently. Spyro knew that the war was coming to a close, he had killed two more masters. There were only two left. The Dark Authority was running out of territory, and were getting more and more desperate. He watched Camry and Layla leave the guest house and walk up to them. Their mating ceremony was approaching, and they had asked Michael to officiate. Spyro looked over to Cynder, who was leaning against him, asleep. Spyro watched in confusion as Lumi rushed out of his house and called to Michael. He realized that Amber must be laying. Michael rushed into the house, leaving Camry and Layla. Spyro looked down at his sleeping mate, and thought about starting a family with her. He knew that she wanted it as well, but they had no idea when. Cynder stirred in her sleep, and he charged his element power, turning himself into a warm pillow for his mate. She settled back into her dreams. Spyro watched a portal open in the square, and Asher walked through. He stood there for a moment, unsure of what to do. Then saw Ember leave her house. He struck up a conversation with her. Spyro wondered what it was like for Amber to lay with Michael as her matron. He chuckled, remembering how his father, his mother, Malefor, and even the queen of Warfang were all laid under the protection of Michael. It must be very awkward, but also comforting, because Michael has been doing that for billions of years. Cynder opened her eyes and sighed, enjoying the heat radiating from her mate.

"Hey, I think Amber's laying." He told her

"Oh? That's so exciting!" She exclaimed

They walked out into the square, Cynder hugged close to Spyro to stave off the cold winds. They talked with everybody for a while, and just after the sun had set, Michael walked out into the square.

"Amber has successfully lain seven eggs, they are happy and healthy. Now normally a female needs rest after laying, but Amber has requested three people to see her before she passes out. Spyro, Cynder, and Asher, come with me" He called out.

Spyro and Cynder shared a confused look, and walked into the house. They entered the nest room calmly, saying their hellos. Amber was laying exhausted on her nest; she was curled around seven differently colored eggs, Lumi was curled around her. Amber smiled at them as they entered.

"I wanted you to see them before I regain my strength and my instincts force me to growl at anybody who isn't Lumi." She told them "I wanted to show my thanks for saving them from the king"

Spyro nodded, but Cynder just gazed at the eggs, a huge smile on her face.

Amber smiled brighter. "Don't mind her, her instincts are telling her to get pregnant and lay her own eggs."

Asher entered the room and smiled at his aunt.

"Come meet your cousins" She called to him "Because you aren't going to see them until a while after they hatch."

Asher stepped forward and very gently nudged each egg in turn.

"Hello little ones" He whispered, then stepped back.

Cynder kept staring at Amber and her eggs, every once in a while, she gave him a longing look at Spyro. After a few minutes Michael stepped forward and inspected the clutch. He paused at each egg, closing his eyes and focusing, after he finished, he stepped back and nodded. Then he led the others out.

"She needs to rest, and Lumi needs to stay with her." Michael told them

Spyro smiled at him "Another successful clutch?"

Michael knew what he was inferring. "Yep, add it to the millions"

Cynder turned her glassy gaze towards Michael "Wasn't she embarrassed?"