Chapter Fifteen

Deep in a cave on a distant planet, three dragons walked on the slick stone, ducking and dodging the various rock features that dotted the cavern. They each emanated a glow, but it only pierced a few feet of darkness in front of them. Dark magic seemed to emanate from every direction. They entered a strange open area; small red cores were spread everywhere. Aura broke the eerie silence.

"I've never seen this many fear cores at once before." She stated

"This master specializes in fear magic, I have even detected some eldritch magic at work here" Michael replied.

"This place looks worse than the Abyssal trench." Trice said, then groaned "Ugh, I still have to go back there, all signs say that there is a void core in there. But it's filled with stuff, finding one specific core is really annoying."

"If you can't find it within a good amount of time, I'll have it cleaned out" Michael told her

Trice nodded "Oh and Junior still hasn't found those ethereal shards, the last place they had formed has been depleted, but he's looking in the Andara galaxy"

Michael rolled his eyes "He purposely choose the hardest ingredient he could just so he could explore"

He snapped his fingers, and the fear cores vanished, transferred to his vault.

Trice snickered "He's going to be so pissed, the cursed army needs those"

They walked over to the other side of the cavern, and made their way deeper through the cave system. Strange whispers echoed through the walls, basic fear magic that had no effect on the dragons. Michael had given Aura immunity to most forms of magic right after she hatched. The deeper they got, the louder the whispers became, and the more powerful the magic became. Finally, they reached another chamber, a red dragon laid sleeping in the center. Michael tapped his claws on the stone floor, rousing the dark dragon from his slumber. The dark master sat up and looked at him with a calm expression.

"So, we meet again." He spoke in a deep voice

"Hello Canthos" Michael replied "You knew this was coming"

Canthos sighed "Yeah, I did"

"I give you credit though, not even the other masters knew where you were" Michael told him

He chuckled "I never choose this; I was born a boosted fear dragon."

"I never held that against you, I know what your father did. But I killed the one who you were bounded too" Michael said

Canthos looked up "I'm free?"

"Yes, its time to remove your connections with the Dark Authority, and get you out of this dimension" Michael answered

Canthos smiled "finally, what took you so long?"

"He was hard to find, and even harder to kill. Then you were hard to find." Michael explained

The dragon got up and stretched. "I finally get to spend my immortality doing what I want"

Michael snapped his fingers, and a portal formed. "This will take you to a facility that can remove the effects that have been left on you"

The dragon nodded, and stepped through, the portal closing shut behind him.

"Four down six to go" Michael stated

"We still have the big two left, don't we?" Trice asked

"Yeah, I suspect they haven't left the capital, while the other four are constantly moving around." Michael answered.

They started walking back out of the cave, it took many hours to navigate back to the entrance of the caves. Once they emerged from the hole in the ground, it took a few minutes for them to get used to the light. Michael cast a spell to clear all magic from the caverns, and turned back to his daughters.