Chapter {42} Antonio

Start from the beginning

The verse was like a stab to my heart.

It was with my words that I had broken up my friendship with Thato, it was with my words that my 9-year relationship was broken, but now I was questioning my decision. Was it the right one to take or had it been taken upon impulse?

Had I thought everything through?

As I pondered upon the words of the Word, I realised that I was quick to draw up a conclusion, hasty to judge her, and quick to deliver the verdict as though I were some judge.

I had not heard her side of the story and after reading what the Lord had revealed to me I knew that I should've at least allowed her to say something.

As much as I wished to plead my case, I could not. I had been unfair and unjust.

For the first time in a week, I got on my knees right before the owner of the universe, the One who knew me better than I knew me, the One that loved and forgave, the One that listened without fault. I let my tears fall without pause as I whimpered in agonising pain. The pain of one's heart being torn apart by their own hands.

"Father," I took a deep breath, looking up into the ceiling, "Oh, what I big mistake I've made. I was meant to be the one who was sensible enough to see the snares of the enemy and how he had made me his prey. I was meant to be the one that would deliver justice to widows and orphans but how could I if I failed to deliver it to my best friend? How do I bow before your throne, how do I worship you, who do I stand in awe of you if I have done so much wrong?" The tears had become so overwhelming that I could not continue.

I took the Bible and opened it again as the Word that Thato had once told me was underlined by a  glitter pen.

I was beyond marvelled at how the Lord worked, His mysterious yet beautiful wonders. His great heart. His Word was written so meticulously in 1 John 1:8-9

8 If we say we do not bear the guilt of sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us.

9 But if we confess our sins, he is faithful and righteous, forgiving us our sins and cleansing us from all unrighteousness.

His Word unveiled His character, the splendour of His beauty, the profound wisdom in His words, and the very essence of His ways. He was resplendent, He exuded serenity and grace.

"Thank you, Lord. You have freed me from my guilt."

****

A.N.T.O.N.I.O

"There has been an attack at the base," "While I made my way into the class, Giovanni's voice pierced through the ear pod I had securely plugged in.

In a hushed tone, barely audible amidst the lively chatter of the students, I uttered the word "Occupatene." It was a discreet message meant for Giovanni, a man of considerable authority as the underboss. I had full confidence in his capabilities, and I knew he would understand the significance of my words.

Giovanni assured me, ", I will thoroughly analyze every detail, and once I have gathered all the necessary information, I will give you all the information as soon as possible."

"Inteso," and the call cut just as the professor entered the class.

In recent days there had been plenty of attacks, and even an infant could guess that they were not coincidental, it was all Izan.

But, Margaret, Susan and Lucia were secretly planning a silent attack on the mafia, intellectually. We would steal each and every cent that belonged to him by hacking his accounts and then we would strike while the iron was still hot and he would not be expecting it.