Chapter {13} Destiny

'Do not conform yourselves to the standards of this world, but let God transform you inwardly by a complete change of your mind. Then you will be able to know the will of God- what is good and pleasing to him and is perfect.'
___________________

Romans 12 verse 2 was the verse the Lord had given me on this beautiful Wednesday. Why? I did not know but what I knew was that his ways and his thoughts were not like ours so I just had to continue trusting and serving him to the best of my abilities and he would do the rest.

I was in Business Management class waiting for the lesson to start and also partially waiting patiently for my classmate and friend to arrive, today he was late, which was so unlike him. These two weeks he was back to his old self, closed off and intimidating. Today I was hoping I could ask him what was wrong, though I would most likely not be able to help him but God would so I could at least pray for him and that's only if I knew what was bothering him so much.

Students interacted with each other but it seemed no one was interested in talking to me, which was quite saddening but I knew that I had someone to talk to at all times; God and that assured me in times like these.

Mr Heywood walked into the class, dressed in his usual formal and neat uniform, jelled back blonde hair with a few grey strands that showed his true age compared to his face that could convince one that he was younger than he actually was.

He set his books on his table as the chatter of the class quietened down, the posture of some changed and we turned our attention to him.

"Good morning," He said in his loud booming voice as he got a series of murmurs and greetings from all seventy learners in the class standing in the middle front of the class, a good position to see everyone.

Samantha walked over to my table clad in a Gucci dress and short Givenchy boots, I would not know of these expensive brands if it wasn't for my best friend's love for fashion. She smiled kindly before taking a seat beside me as Mr Heywood set up his presentation. Everyone turned to look at us in curiosity and surprise. Whom I learned to be her best friend turned to look at her friend with furrowed brows but Samantha just winked at her with mirth-covered eyes as they silently conveyed a message to each with their eyes before a smirk spread on her friend's face.

"Hello," She said, her eyes going back to their warm blue colour.

"Hi," I smiled back reluctantly, why would she want to talk to someone like myself? Just by one glance, one could see that we were from totally different social classes though we are created by one God and made in his image, whether rich or poor, the world did not see that, unfortunately.

"Destiny right?" Her smile was now a smirk.

"Yes..." I trailed off, urging her to speak her mind.

"What would a small girl from a small country want to come here and take my man away from me," Her former menacing eyes were back but even worse.

"Excuse me?" What was she talking about and who was her man?

"You heard me, Destiny, what are you doing with Antonio?" The way she said or rather spat my name made me want to shrink back into my seat but girls such as herself toke pleasure in others' misery so I would not give her the satisfaction

"Nio-" I started before I was interrupted by her.

"Nio," Samantha's eyes turned a shade darker."Who gave you the right to call my man that?"

"Well, Antonio is fine with the way I call him now as I was saying before I was interrupted, Antonio and I are just friends. Nothing more and nothing less," I was tired of people taking advantage of me and bullying me but before it got to that point I would stop it.