「 ✦ The eyes never lie ✦ 」

Comenzar desde el principio

"Oh my goddess, it's really you." Said her mother as soon as she saw her on the doorway, with tears running down her cheeks.

"Yes mum, it's me." Said emotional Bianca, with a trembling voice and bottom lip.

Her mother didn't waste a second to pull her into a bone crushing hug. Bianca put her hands behind her mother's neck while the older woman put hers on Bianca's waist holding her as if her life depended on it. They both cried on each other's shoulders letting go all the sadness they had collected through the years.

"I can't actually believe you're here, i-it's a miracle." Whispered her mother, lovingly stroking her hair.

"I know mum. It's all my fault, I should have been better, I shouldn't have left like a coward, I should've stayed home." Bianca blamed herself, shaking her head. Her mother though pulled away slightly and took Bianca's face in her hands, delicately brushing her thumbs on her daughter's cheeks. "Honey, stop blaming yourself for everything. It's true, you didn't react in the best way but you were heartbroken in a way I didn't think it was possible. You did what you needed to in that moment. Dad and I don't hold a grudge against you; so stop accusing yourself for what happened. It's okay."

Bianca burst out crying again and her mother embraced her into a hug only mums can give: full of love and comfort.

"Shh...it's okay, honey. You're okay." Whispered her mother to calm her down. And Bianca held her even tighter than before buring her face in the crook of her mother's neck.

"You, if anything, should be proud of yourself for keeping fighting even though the love of your life was gone."

Bianca abruptly shook her face and look at her. "She wasn't the love of my life mum, just a teenage mistake." She said resentful.

Her mother softly smiled and replied: "honey, just because you're not together anymore doesn't mean she wasn't the love of your life. We, in this crazy journey we call life, have one soulmate who unfortunately isn't always the one we will end up with, but that doesn't mean they aren't our soulmate anymore; and that's exactly your and Emma's case. You met the right person at the wrong time, she wasn't just a teenage mistake as you affirm, she was the one."

"Mum, I can't deny I loved her with all I am but we were very young. Don't you think that talking about being soulmates is too much?" Said Bianca, who went to sit comfortably on the couch in the living room.

She had the feeling she would have a whole afternoon discussion about the actress.

"Bianca, you're free to think whatever you want, however in my opinion she is tattooed in your heart, that you want to admit it or not." Said her mother, sitting next to her.

"Why would you think that?" Bianca asked.

"Cause I can see it in your eyes, and eyes never lie, honey. And both then and now they sparkle when you hear her name."

"Otherwise, if you didn't feel anything for her anymore, why didn't you come back once in all those years?" Went on her mother.

"B-because I needed space." Tried to say Bianca, not fully convinced.

Her mother gently grabbed her hand in hers. "From your parents?" She asked with a smile.

"No!" Replied Bianca, sighing because she couldn't formulate correctly what she wanted to say. "Of course not from you."

Her mother giggled amused. "Don't worry honey, I'm sure with some time you will understand what I mean."

"But until then I disagree with you." Said Bianca.