I looked up towards the main doors ten feet in front of our desk, after I heard a growing commotion.

Many protesters were approaching the front entrance of the building with signs and angry shouts.

Policemen went outside of the building, standing in front the main doors to make sure no one tries to enter.

"You know it's getting bad when the corrupted World Leader had to hire pigs to protect a place he lives at, as if they will be able to stop a large crowd of protesters rightfully protesting", Roshni ranted with an eye roll.

"Last week, one of them threw a rock through the glass window", I explained, sighing as my eyes went back to the screen. "I hate living in a world full of chaos. And yet, how can I blame them for being angry."

"When will these people learn stopping traffic and preventing people from getting to their place of work doesn't get them anywhere?", an elder coworker ranted while printing out documents. "People are mad about John Victran killing some guy's mother, but didn't the guy tried to kill him plenty of times before?"

"John Victran killed Shimizu's mother eight years ago, when he was what? A teenager? So if you really wanna be honest, Victran started it. Not only that but he helped kill billions of people by unleashing UF-37 out into the world. That dude is disgusting, and everyone else he works with is too. It's already bad enough we have to suffer by having him stay here, why don't they just evict him or even arrest him?! Hell, execute him! He needs to die!"

The other coworkers went silent. Some typed away on their computer, others were like statues, watching us with piles of paper in their hands. They knew she was right about him, it's just that they weren't used to siding with an experimental and the experimented. Doing that means you sympathized with them, which meant you were a freak like them.

Suddenly, a nearby phone rung, causing us to jump.

"I-I'll answer it", I awkwardly smiled, scooting the chair over to the phone. It was a resident. I picked up the phone and placed it to my ear.

"Hi! Front desk, Tiffany speaking!", I said in a fake uppity voice.

"Tiffany, hi! It's John."

I turned to look at Roshni and my other coworkers. They went about doing their job, changing the subject to something completely different near the printer.

"Yes? Do you need something?", I said with a smile, brushing my hands through my hair.

"I, I need you. Come up to my suite. I want to talk to you about something."

I went silent. This was it. This was what I was waiting for.

"I'll be right there", I said to the phone with a slight whisper before hanging up.

"Hey Tiff, who was that on the phone?", Roshni asked, sitting back in her chair as she looked at me.

"A resident was complaining about the ruckus outside, nothing else", I shrugged, telling a lie with a straight face. Flopping my hands on the desk, I stood up. "I'm gonna head to the cafeteria and get some coffee, maybe even a bite to eat."

"Okay, I'll cover for you," Roshni smiled.

Leaving my desk, I grabbed my purse and silently walked towards the elevators down the hall.

Pressing the button to the top floor, I stood in the elevator, a small smile slowly forming on my face, I sighed as I made sure all of my things were in my purse, making sure nothing was forgotten downstairs.

The door opened and I walked down the halls, making no eye contact with those walking past.

I made it down the end of the hall to suite 745.