Iron Man 2: Finale

Y/N POV
I watched as Natasha and Pepper stepped out of the car. I followed Natasha out and walked with her. "Natasha, what are they clicking at us?" She looked over and so did Pepper. "Cameras, Y/N." I nodded. "I'm gonna pretend I know what that is." The two of them laughed. "Justin Hammer... his presentation will begin shortly in main pivot." I heard the announcement say. Pepper looked at the rest of us but mostly at me. "Y/N, I don't think I should have to tell you this, but this isn't the 40's anymore. Don't do anything that maybe considered bad." I nodded my head. "I understand. The 40's were simpler times then what I have seen in this new modern era." I said. Natasha nodded but seemed to be kinda strung up. I looked at her. "Are you ok?" I asked as she looked back and forth. "Yeah, just thinking." I nodded. "About?"

She shrugged. I opened the door for her to walk in. "What was it like in the 40's?" I smiled. "Simple, easy, the world was more peaceful. Then again it's probably because we didn't have tvs or news stations to tell us about everything." She nodded. "Lucky you." She said. I shook my head. "Not really." She held confusion in her face. "Why?" I shrugged and looked into her green eyes. "If I never would have jumped on that plane, I would have never met you." Her face went dark as I said that. She covered her cheeks and mumbled through her hands.

"What?" I asked with a slight smile. She removed her hands from her cheeks. "You know you're only seventeen right?" I nodded. "Yes, I understand that." She seemed confused. "So we can't." I shrugged. "Natasha, if we are both interested in one another and both admit that why would it matter?" I asked. She was about to say something then went silent. I took her hand and raised it. "I understand I'm young. But nobody would have to know. If we just go ahead and do this for about a year until I'm 18 then we may tell everyone."

Her eyes had a watery tint over them. She fully faced towards me now. "Look. Let's wait until after this. We go to New Mexico tomorrow so we will be in a car for a while." I nodded. "I look forward to it."

We walked through the metal detector and they made me give up my hammer for a while. I was getting nasty looks because of the hammer. "Who does he think he is? Thor?!" They laughed. "Fuckin Pagans." I heard someone mumble. "He reminds me of the guy from WW2, the guy that fought alongside Captain America. The Batman." I looked over. "I'm gonna steal that name.

Natasha looked over at me. "What happened to your snake?" I looked to the ceiling. "Heimdall visited me. He told me in a year I will be able to meet the gods. Then he took my snake." She shook her head. "I'm going with you." I looked at her. "Why?" She shrugged. "They are your family right? I would like to meet them." I nodded. "We will see if we can work something out." I said. She smiled and started walking towards the stage as I followed. "Ladies and gentlemen for far too long this country has had to place its brave men and women in harms way. But then the Iron Man arrived and we thought the days of losing lives were behind us. Sadly that technology was kept out of reach. That's not fair. That's not right. And it's just too bad." We sat next to my new 'Mom' and I heard her mumble. "Oh, lord." I silently laughed to where only Natasha and Pepper could hear. "Regardless, it was an impressive innovation, one that grabbed headlines the world over. Well, today, my friends, the press is faced with quite a different problem. They are about to run out of ink." There were scattered applauses from across the room. Some women came out and removed Hammers stand. "Ladies and gentlemen today I present to you the new face of the United States military. The hammer drone." Music started playing as floorboards opened up. "Army!" I looked at the boys in disgust. "Navy!" Hammer paraded around. "Air Force!" I watched with my hand covering my mouth. "Marines!" I looked at Pepper and Natasha to see them in disbelief. "That's a hell of a lot better than some cheerleaders, let me tell you. But as revolutionary as this technology is, there will always be a need for man to be present in the theater of war. Ladies and gentlemen today I'm proud to present to you the very first prototype in the Variable Threat Response Battle Suit and its pilot; Air Force Lieutenant Colonel James Rhodes." Pepper looked in confusion. "What?" A Iron Man suit rose from the ground. The machine saluted. The rest of the machines followed. "For America and its allies, Hammer Industries is reporting for..." There was a rumbling in the distance. I looked up to see my adoptive father land in his tech suit. I stood up in the crowd. Father saw me and nodded. I reached out my hand and lightning struck down. Mjolnir flew to me and I spread my wings then flew to the stage.