25

Jane

I wake up by the sun hitting my face and a hand firmly wrapped around my waist, and I smile deeply to myself. I turn in Joseph's arms, placing my head on his chest and seeking his warmth. He wraps his arm tighter around me and sighs contentedly.

"Morning buttercup." he says, and kisses my forehead lightly. I breathe into his chest before sitting up and grabbing my phone off of the floor.

And when I see the time, my smile instantly drops.

"Joseph it's nine." I say in a panic, and he has the audacity to laugh. "Why are you laughing? We're supposed to be in school." I say angrily and send a message to my parents saying that I stayed at Ava's and will be home later. I then look back at Joseph, who's fighting a laugh. He grabs my hands and pulls me into his chest, rolling over so that he's on top of me and crushing me.

"I don't need to be in until ten, and my first lesson is with you guys at eleven." he mumbles against my neck and I roll my eyes.

"Yes, well, I don't have that luxury, now if you will excuse me I have to get dressed." I attempt to push him off of me, but he's crushing me with his weight and refusing to move. "Josephhh." I whine but he mutters something under his breath, and his phone buzzes beside us. I turn my head and reach for his phone, reading the text message that has popped up, and gasp loudly. "Why didn't you tell me it was your birthday?" I look at him with seriousness.

"Didn't think it was important." He says quietly and I laugh and make him look at me.

"Of course it is. How old are you then? Twenty-five?" I tease and I see him narrow his eyes, which causes me to laugh even more.

"I'm twenty." He mumbles under his breath and I laugh again and kiss him.

"Well happy birthday." I say, smiling against his lips. He smiles too, and he grabs my jaw to kiss me deeper, and I gap into his mouth. He runs his tongue on my bottom lip, causing me to moan in his mouth before I push him away.

"Okay, seriously. I need to go though." He groans and reluctantly throws himself off me as I get up and look for my clothes from yesterday. I glance at him as I put my trousers on, and see that he's on his phone, tapping away quickly. I furrow my eyebrows and leave the room quickly, looking for the bathroom. Once I find it, I rummage around the cabinets for a spare toothbrush.

"Finally." I groan when I eventually find one and spend time fixing my hair and brushing my teeth. When I walk back to Joseph's room, he's already dressed.

"How'd you get ready so quickly?" I ask suspiciously but he just laughs.

"You just take a while." He smiles and walks towards me, giving me a quick kiss before heading towards his bathroom. I grab my phone and walk into the living room to wait for him, when there's a sudden knock on his door. I skip towards the door and open it swiftly, when a bunch of confetti flies into my face and I gasp.

"Holy shit I'm so so sorry I thought it would have been my brother who answered." The boy attempts to get pieces of confetti off of my face, but when we make eye contact, we both freeze.

"Lucas?!"

"Jane?!" We both shout at the same time and I hear the bathroom door crash open, and a flustered Joseph appears.

"Lucas! Hey! What-" Lucas cuts him off immediately.

"What the hell is Jane doing here?" Joseph looks back and forth between Lucas and I.

"Wait, you know each other?" He asks, his voice shaking. We both nod and Joseph curses under his breath before looking at his brother. "Lucas- mate- it's not what it looks like-"

"Well I sure as hell hope it isn't." He snaps angrily before turning to me. "Why are you here?" Lucas asks calmly but I'm still processing what the hell has happened.

"Well- I-"

"She hadn't handed in an essay, we did a while back and she was just dropping it off." Joseph cuts in, but Lucas isn't convinced.

"She would have given it to you later?" But before Joseph could answer, I cut in.

"We're getting the test results back today, and I didn't want to be left out. Thought he could mark it before you know?" I see Lucas think for a moment before relaxing, and I take a moment to glance at Joseph.

"Okay, phew. You gave me a scare big brother." Joseph lets out a breathy laugh before pulling Lucas in for a hug.

"What are you doing here then?" Joseph asks calmly when he pulls away.

"I've come to give you a present." Lucas says excitedly and hands his brother a wrapped gift. Joseph smiles sweetly and hugs him again.

"You didn't have too-"

"I wanted to." Lucas smiles and I clear my throat, causing the brothers to look at me.

"I'd best be off then- need to get to school-"

"Why don't you just catch a ride with us? We're all going to the same place. And if people ask, just say you were hanging out with me." Lucas states and I sigh in relief.

"Are you sure? I don't want to be an issue-"

"I'm sure." Lucas smiles at me and I give him a small one back before the brothers engage in conversation once more. I take this opportunity to quietly walk back to Joseph's room to find my shoes, which I put on quickly. When I walk back into the living room, both boys are waiting for me.

"Ready to go?" Joseph asks and I nod curtly, avoiding his intense gaze.

-------------------------------------------

Sorry this took a while to update, my laptop broke and I've only just had it fixed.