"Aaliyah, I didn't mean to—"

"I can't believe you." She scoffs, nose scrunching in disgust now. "I should've never forgiven you in the first place! All you know how to do is ruin people's lives. And—clearly—you've decided you just love ruining mine!"

"Aaliyah," Alex finally comes to my rescue. He's a little late, but I'll take it.

She ignores him. "Get out."

"Aaliyah, please." I pitifully plead. "We didn't mean to."

"I don't want to hear your excuses! You said you wouldn't do that to me again, and you did." She snaps. "Get out, Noah. Get out of my face and get out of my life." She dismisses, waving me away and towards the door.

"Mami," Alex whispers as he walks around me to come up beside her, his hand gently landing on the small of her back as he peeks around her shoulder at her. She's still scowling up at me with eyes that are slowly growing red rimmed.

"If you want to protect him, you can get out too." She shoots a scowl up at him too, but it's just out of misplaced anger. She'll take it back once she's had a moment for herself, and he knows it. Even still, he frowns softly at her.

"I never wanted to hurt you like this again." I insist, still trying to just get it out. But I think I know how it'll end for me before it even happens. "We met a long time ago before I got sober. We never thought we'd see each other again—We didn't do this on purpose."

She squeals her anger, uncaring of my explanation. "Just go, Noah!" She demands, pointing to the door again. "Get out!" She repeats. When I open my mouth, she goes again. "Get the fuck out!" She snaps.

I blink at her. Alex takes a big step back, deeming this a battle he no longer wants to be a part of. I can't even blame him anymore.

She scoffs at me when I don't move for a long moment. "Get out before I go get Lucifer and let him maul you to death." She threatens.

I don't move. "Are you going to listen to me or not?"

"Not." She stubbornly decides.

"Too fucking bad. I'm not leaving until I get this out." I decide just as stubbornly, crossing my arms across my chest.

"Alex," Aaliyah huffs, looking up at him for help to get me out.

He nods. "Hear him out first." He encourages. Aaliyah grumbles in response as she reluctantly looks to me.

"Okay." I begin with another deep breath. "I want you to know we haven't done anything since we've seen each other again."

"I didn't want to know that but thank you. Get out."

I ignore her. "We met, like, seven years ago in a bar, okay? For seven years, I haven't seen her again until Elaina's birthday party. We had no way of knowing you two were friends now." I explain with a gentle shake of my head. Aaliyah softens a little while she listens, but that betrayal is still present on her face. "I'm so sorry, kid. I meant it when I said I never wanted to do this to you again. It's all just...an accident now."

She watches me silently for a little longer before she nods softly. "Okay." She slowly accepts. "Kiara hasn't said anything about it." She mumbles as she looks up at Alex briefly. "And she's still my friend, so..."

"Yeah." I mumble, slowly nodding. "Yeah—There's a reason she hasn't said anything..."

Aaliyah pulls back at that. "What?"

"You know her son? Cameron? He's, uh...seven—He's seven-years-old."

She stares. Alex backs up against the counter some more.

Aaliyah looks away from me and down at her pie. I look down at the ground in my shame. "I didn't know about him. Kiara left before I knew. And, again, we didn't mean for this to happen—"

I cut myself off when I notice a very nice-looking cold pie come into my line of sight. All I can do is stand here while it's shoved in my face. Then mushed around a little before it falls onto the floor.

I don't know what to do first, so for a moment I end up just standing here with cherry pie all over my face. Along with some nice whipped cream topping. Parts of it falls off my face and onto my shirt. Or the floor. Someone, I think Alex, sighs deeply. "Feel better?" He asks.

"A little." Aaliyah hums calmly. I clear my throat and lift my hand to drag it across my face to try and get rid of some of the pie. When I have clear eyesight, I look to her. She gestures to the floor. "Clean this up." She demands as she walks around me.

I frown down at the sad pie lying face down on the floor. Then look up at Alex like he's going to help me out. He shrugs. "Could'a been worse." He reasons.

"Alex, you too! Since you clearly knew!"

Alex frowns too. He looks down at the pie on the floor.

"Wanna stay at mine tonight? She's going to send you to the couch." I mutter as I reach over for a roll of paper towels.

"No, she's not." He shakes his head with a sad sigh. "She likes to make me sleep in the bed with her just so she can roll over and face the other way." He mutters as he walks around me to probably go get a mop.

I grimace at that. "Sorry." I awkwardly call after him.

"Fuck you."