Strategies Unveiled and The Clash of Titans

Comenzar desde el principio

The next 2 hours would be occupied by Maths, which went by slowly, but most people didn't pay attention to it and teachers didn't seem to care as well.

Lunch would come and I haven't had the opportunity to explore the cafeteria, so I decided to finally do that.

It would seem like my plans would be put to a halt however.

"Ayanokouji-kun!"

My name was mentioned by none other than our class' angel Kushida Kikyou.

"Kushida?" I couldn't hide my surprise, I had thought that she'd forgotten my name.

"You remember my name? Thank god." exclaimed Kushida.

"I'm more impressed about you remembering my name."

"I mean after hearing about your goal, it's kind of hard to forget." said Kushida.

"I was hoping you'd come join me and my friends for lunch."

My social standing is a bit below average, however, I would prefer not to be bullied for as long as I stay here, so I don't really have much say in this, huh.

~Pokémon of the Elite~

The walk to the cafeteria wasn't long, it was 2 floors down on the ground floor. Some students, particularly male ones, were looking at me with an envious gaze, I don't quite get their sentiment. I'd happily exchange my place with anyone.

"So, Ayanokouji-kun, what were the things and hobbies you liked again?" said Kushida, seemingly breaking the ice.

I did say I had a few stuff I did like.

"I guess I'd say the things I like doing is reading and practicing calligraphy and more of a hobby is working out I guess?"

The reactions were mixed, some didn't seem to be particularly blown away, but they weren't disgusted or disappointed with my choice of hobbies, which is a good result.

The rest of the way was just some idle chat where I'd input a few words when asked or needed.

There are many meal sets, but the one that caught my attention was the free one. Naturally, I'd buy the tonkatsu set.

We'd gather at the chosen desk and start eating, but the way the seating was organized was where I would be next to Kushida, while she's seated next to Mori and across from her is Inogashira.

The seating is placed in a way where Kushida has sort of isolated me from the rest of the group and it seems like the rest of her friend group is already in on it.

"Ayanokouji-kun, there's something I have to ask you." asked Kushida.

She turned her body towards me and then said the following words:

"Are you friends with Horikita-san?"

I never thought I'd be asked about that.

In my few days at ANHS, I haven't seen Kushida with Horikita, so color me impressed, if she somehow got her name. I have my theories on that, but I need to answer the question now.

"I wouldn't say so, where'd you get that idea?"

"I haven't seen her interact with anyone other than you."

That's quite a surprising observation, I could count the amount of times I've interacted with Horikita on just one hand, Kushida's either paying attention to me or Horikita, but judging from the conversation, it's rather the latter.