"I still don't like her," said Percy to Damon, before he left to ask Jules if there was a cure.

"I know, Perce," replied the blue-eyed Salvatore. "But you offering to stay with her, means a lot to me."

Percy smiled at his words.

So it was decided. Percy and Elena would stay with Rose, and Damon would go to the Grill to meet with Jules.

As soon as Damon left, Elena and Percy helped Rose into a bed. "I hate this," said Rose, "I'm a vampire, I haven't had a cold in centuries."

"Just get in bed," said Elena.

"We don't get sick," continued Rose, as if Elena hadn't spoken. "When we die it's fast and sudden. And it's certainly not drawn out with some kind of an illness."

You're not gonna die," said Elena.

Rose sighed. "Such a human thing to say."

Percy herself didn't interrupt their conversation, choosing to silently observe. And while she appreciated Elena's optimism, she didn't think there was anything they could do for the vampire.

"You've never been in Damon's room before, have you?" asked Rose, as she caught the doppelgänger looking around the room curiously.

"I have," Percy couldn't help saying. She looked surprised at herself for saying it. "Not that it matters," she added, looking sheepish.

Rose gave her a funny look. Elena, meanwhile, chose to ignore her, and picked up a book from Damon's desk. She read the title. Gone with the Wind. She scoffed at the book and kept it back down.

"Not what you expected," observed Rose.

"It's just a room with a bed," said Elena, with a roll of her eyes. She sat down beside Rose. "Maybe I expected there to be silk sheets."

Both of them chuckled. Then, Elena turned back, as if she just noticed that Percy was nowhere to be seen. As if she had read her mind, the raven-haired girl walked inside with a blue drink in her hands.

What was her deal with blue food? Elena shook herself out of her thoughts and decided to focus on Rose.

Unbeknownst to them, Percy had vapor-traveled back to her house, where she had raided the refrigerator for blue Cherry Coke, and came back before the two of them registered her absence.

*time skip*

"Trevor, don't be stupid," Rose muttered in her sleep. "We're never gonna make it there before the sun."

Suddenly, she shot up from the bed. "Elena. Elena, I need more blood."

The doppelgänger rushed to give the glass of blood to her.

Rose drank the blood, only to throw it up, coughing. Percy rubbed circles on her back, whispering soothing words to calm her down. After ensuring that the vampire had stopped coughing, Percy rushed to the sink, where Elena was wetting a paper towel, to get it from her.

When they came back, Rose was nowhere to be seen. Percy felt a presence behind her and quickly withdrew Riptide from her pocket, to come face-to-face with Rose, who grabbed Elena and speeded her to a wall, pinning her to it by her throat. "It's your fault, Katerina," spoke Rose with venom in her voice. It became obvious to Percy that the hallucinations had started to set in.

She grabbed Rose's arm, pulling her away from the doppelgänger. "Rose, snap out of it," she shouted, only to have the vampire push her aside. Percy didn't even stumble.

Rose had already vamp-sped over to Elena again. "You, Katerina, you did this."

"It's Elena, Rose," said the terrified girl.