Chapter 19

Damon entered his house, looking around, as if searching for someone. He found Rose sitting at his desk.

"Just can't stay away, can you?" He asked.

"Well, you don't answer your phone," came the reply.

"What do you want?" Damon asked, crossing his arms.

"I wanted to apologize."

"Just admit it. You don't have anywhere else to go."

"I'm sorry about Elena," said the older vampire. "I wasn't thinking straight. I didn't know she had a death wish. But I called you. I tried to make it right, okay? I'm sorry, Damon."

Damon just looked at her.

"And I don't have anywhere else to go. Heh."

Damon rolled his eyes. "There's nothing here for you, Rose." He started to walk away. Suddenly, they heard the sound of glass breaking.

Rose turned around, alarmed. Damon moved to the wall where two swords hung and grabbed one of them. He turned back again only to come face-to-face with a growling wolf. Werewolf, his mind corrected.

"Damon!" Rose shouted, gasping at the sight of the werewolf.

As soon as the werewolf heard her scream, it pounced on her, pinning her to the ground with its paws and bit her. Rose was screaming all along, and Damon vamp-speeded towards Rose with the sword, when the werewolf turned back and ran away through the broken glass of the door.

Rose sat down on the floor, crying. The bite looked bad, but it healed as they watched.

"It's healing," Damon pointed out the obvious.

"I thought a werewolf bite was fatal," Rose whispered. "I thought..." She broke off, crying.

"It's not," said Damon, hugging her.

Rose held him tightly as she sobbed into his shoulder.

Percy picked that moment to enter through the door. "Why's the glass broken?" Then, she noticed Rose crying. "What happened?"

"A werewolf bit her," answered Damon.

"Oh my gods, isn't that fatal to vampires?"

"Yes, but she seems to be okay. The bite healed."

*time skip* cuz I'm lazy

Percy, Damon and Rose were sitting on the couch, the latter two drinking bourbon. Percy absolutely refused to have anything to do with alcohol, as it reminded her of Gabe.

Rose was saying something about being Damon's special friend, and Percy not being able to digest the thought of them together, zoned out of their conversation.

Why am I feeling this way about him? Dam you, brain, Percy thought.

It's not your brain, it's your heart, said the logical part of Percy's brain.

She was snapped out of her thoughts by Rose gasping in pain, when Damon touched her shoulder.

"What happened?" asked the sea-green eyed girl.

Rose moved away her robe to reveal nasty-looking blisters covering the area of the werewolf bite.

Later, Damon wanted to leave Elena to keep an eye on Rose to make sure the vampire didn't get out of the house and go on a werewolf venom-induced killing spree. How Elena, a human, would be able to stop Rose, a five hundred year old vampire, from doing anything, Percy didn't know. Thus, she offered to stay with Elena, in case things got out of hand.