💔Kimi Antonelli - Friends?

Requested by: _Athena__32 

Req: "Kimi Antonelli angst one shot, 1 person POV"

1550 Words

_____________________________

"I get that you have work to do but you can't keep going to the factory at random times and then not tell me. If you couldn't make it to lunch, I'm sad and I wish we got to do it but I understand that you have a demanding career, ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS TELL ME. I won't wait for three hours, alone in a restaurant just for you to shrug me off!" 

Kimi and I had agreed to go out to lunch today since he was scheduled for a day off, but of course it wasn't really a day off becuase he was called in for some last minute seat adjustments and some media stuff which went for hours with only small breaks. Yet in none of those breaks did he let me know that he wouldn't be there. So now, five hours later, I was at the house with him trying to figure him out.

I eventually decided it wasn't worth it so I went to sleep in the spare room after he went up to bed early, since he was leaving for the airport tomorrow morning. He was tucked up in bed thinking over how badly he responded to my frustration today and promised himself he'd make it up to me.

~~

He woke up in the morning to an empty house. He assumed I'd still be asleep, so the silence was jarring to him. Concerned, he sends me a message, it reads "hey baby, sorry about last night pls come home a want to talk about it." Still sour, as petty it may be, I respond with, "Sorry, got work." 

Time for him to have a taste of his own medicine.

With no other option, he leaves for the airport so you can finish I can work since I obviously don't plan on coming with him. He probably felt weird travelling to the race without me, especially considering we always go to Monza together. I promised I'd be there but I still haven't managed to get him to communicate with me so being in a plane for hours with him is not my idea of fun right now.

As he gets on the plane I finally finish up my work. I didn't need to come in this early but it's the most productive excuse I have and also the best way to get Kimi to understand my frustration. I did promise I'd go to Monza and I might be mad at him but I'm not mad enough to miss his home race so I leave work with all the documents completed on my desk and head to the airport.

I get on the plane and settle down pretty quick, nodding off after about half an hour. I wake up after a while to drink and read a bit when my eye catches on someone across the aisle and one row ahead of me, Kimi's childhood friend.

She was always bad news, her hobby was stealing other girls boyfriends and playing with their hearts just to dump them which seemed to be her goal with Kimi. She was perfectly nice when they were friends before karting but she took it as a personal attack when he had to move schools to pursue his career. Ever since then she had hated anyone who knew Kimi and saw him as her property. If she is catching this plane at this time then it's a safe bet that she's headed to the track.

Deciding it's not worth the anxiety, I try to ignore it and soon enough, the plane is landing. I disembark and head toward the exit, hoping the girl won't recognise me. I head to the hotel to dump by suitcase and get out the stuff I need for the track before setting off to Kimi. I make it just in time for the start of FP1.

As I walk into the garage, the team all welcome me in, knowing of our relationship. I sit on the edge of the garage and watch as Kimi sets purple times in the first two sectors. I start talking to one of the mechanics who is next to me when I hear a loud gasp. I whip my head back to the screen to see Kimi's car deep in the tecpro barriers. I let out a small yelp in panic. Then, his engineer is on the radio to him, through the headphones I hear a quiet exchange, "Kimi, are you alright?" There is a shallow, "Yeah, all good." in response. 

The session is red flagged as they move the car back to the pits and take Kimi to the medical centre. You talk to the engineer to see the G-forces and the angle of impact just so I can know what state to expect him in. I let them know I'm leaving for the med centre and I'll keep them updated. 

When I walk in I'm greeted by a nightmare sight, that girl talking to the nurse. She gets taken back to Kimi and the nurse doesn't even notice me until she comes back. "Hi, how can I help you?" I'm taken back by the boldness of that girl, "Yeah I'm here to see Kimi Antonelli, the guy who just came in." She is clearly confused, "Ok, what is your relationship with him?" I respond bluntly, "Girlfriend." She doesn't believe me one bit and says "Well that other girl was the girlfriend so I'm going to need to ask you to leave." I can't fight that because she won't be convinced so I just head back to the pits. 

I walk back and the team constantly asks, how he is. I just shrug and say "I wasn't allowed to see him, wasn't blood connected." Renee just puts a hand on my back and pushes me alongside him all the way to the med centre. He marches me in and says, "This is Kimi's girlfriend and I need her to see him." The nurse now looks too tired to argue and waves me back into the treatment area. As soon as I walk in though, I see that snake with a hand on my boyfriend's shoulder as he sits in the bed and she's giving him the biggest 'fuck me' eyes I've seen in my life. I'm done with her. She's never given an ounce of respect to me or to Kimi and I won't have her pulling stunts on a race weekend when Kimi needs to perform. 

"Leave." I say loudly from the door, startling both of them. She turns around and as soon as she's facing away from him she scowls at me and then hits my shoulder with hers as she walks through the door. I ignore it and walk towards Kimi. "What was that?" I ask. "It was nothing, we used to be friends and I don't really get to see her since I started racing properly so she was just worried."

"Rubbish. She likes you and you know it. Why are you being like this, Kimi? I don't understand." I've been searching for answers since he shrugged me off for lunch but I give up. This isn't how he would act if he cared. "Baby, please believe me, she's just a friend, I'm sorry about the other day, that was my fault but I miss you. I need us to be back to normal again."

I can't deal with this. I walk out, tears falling from my face. Renee takes that as Kimi's condition being very severe, and stands up in a panic, but I stop by the nurse's desk for a summary of his injuries of which there are none, he was just twinded over the radio. I walk past Renee and say "No injuries, just winded." And leave.

I go into Kimi's driver room to decompress. I don't know why he won't believe me or even just pick up on the flirting himself. After a moment, I realise that I didn't tell the team how he was so I go out to tell them to be faced once again with a horror. Kimi is now hugging that absolute idiot. He makes eye contact with me and pulls back. I walk back into the driver's room hoping he will follow and he does.

"What are you doing Kimi! Why!" He's losing his composure. "I'm sorry, it's not what it look like, she hugged me and wouldn't let me go and in the med centre she was really uncomfortably touchy but I thought she was just worried but she won't leave me alone."

"Kimi I just want you to be mine again. I'm over the lunch thing, I just need you back." He falls into my arms and we both shed a few tears and apologise to each other. 

"Now sit down, that was a big crash and I want to look after you." He smiles and obeys, laying down while I go to fetch him a drink (and give that girl a piece of my mind).

_____________________________

~Hiiiii~

This was a very detailed request so thank you. Very strange to write in first person agian for this one. Not my usual thing and I think it was very corny (especially the dialogue, soz) but I hope at least some of you liked it.

Look after yourselves, stay hydrated, I love you sm :)