💔Lando Norris - Depression

Request from @kaymills123 

hope you like it <3

1105 Words

______________________________

You had been sitting in your apartment for the last couple weeks. Lando had been away for a triple header and you missed him so much. While he had been away you'd had exam week for university and it had really taken a toll.

Over the last few weeks you took 5 exams, spending hours studying for each one. You hadn't been eating or drinking properly because these were your first tests of this major and you wanted to get off to a good start. With all the time you had spent studying, your personal hygiene and the state of your apartment had declined almost as much as your mental health. 

Now that the tests were over, you were left empty. The adrenaline had run out, the burnout had caught up. For the last few weeks you hadn't contacted any of your friends and now, you had nothing left and no one to turn to. So you sat in front of your laptop in bed, watching Netflix for days on end. 

After who knows how long, you hear a knock at your door. You can't be bothered getting up, it's probably nothing important. A minute or so later, a light is turned on in the corridor outside your room. "Babe? Are you home?" calls Lando. Oh my god, you'd forgotten to message him since the last round. Soon enough he comes searching and looks in your room. The shrivelled lump of your body lays in the dark covered in blankets and illuminated by your screen.  He walked to the side of your bed to see your puffy, red eyes and hollow face. He puts a hand on your shoulder moving away the pile of blankets. "Baby, what happened?" panic creeping into his voice. 

"I just..." you choke out before breaking down into tears. "Oh honey, it's ok, you're alright" he says as he climbs into the bed, pulling your weak body toward him. "Do you want to talk about it? You don't have to if you don't want to." He says softly. "S-school" you blubber out. Immediately it all makes sense. He knows how hard you try in school. Before you graduated and were about to finish high school you did a similar thing. You tried so hard that it sent you into a burnt out depressive episode. 

Stroking your hair and rubbing your back, he asks, "When was the last time you ate" knowing that eating during these episodes felt like climbing a mountain. You bow your head in shame, "I- I don't remember. Please don't be m-mad" you stammer. "I'm not mad baby, I just want to help. This isn't your fault." With that he slowly moves the covers off of you. "How about I make you some food. Then you can have a shower and brush your teeth and hair while I clean up the flat. Does that sound like a deal? We can cuddle after." "Ok." Is all you can say. Slowly but surely you sit up and swing your legs over the side of the bed. With Lando's help you stand and start walking toward the kitchen, the weakness that has plagued your body for weeks becomes apparent. "Take it slow babe, you ok standing up?", you mumble a response before he sits you down on the couch. "Now I know you don't have much of an appetite but you need to eat. So, what sounds slightly palatable to you". "Can I have some soup? Maybe? I don't want to make you cook something you don't want to. If you don't want to cook at all I won't force you". Lando cuts you off, "I would love to make you some soup."

As Lando gets up, he walks to the kitchen and puts on your favourite party tunes on low volume. He smiles at you from the kitchen. After a little while and a lot of mess, Lando walks up to you with a bowl of your favourite soup and a snack for him. "Here you go precious, we can eat together." The music in the background accompanied by your favourite person improves your mood to its best in weeks. You sit, talking occasionally until your food is finished. It took a while but at least it's done now. 

"Ok, how about you go take a shower or a bath and get freshened up." You both walk in to the bathroom, Lando turns on the water and waits for it to heat up. In the meantime he holds you close and reminds you of how much he loves you. Once the water is warm enough, you step in and he leaves you in peace as he begins tidying up the apartment, collecting the dirty clothes and dishes from all over the place, before he packs away the mess left on the floors. After a few minutes you turn off the water and step out of the shower. Lando walks in once you have changed into your fresh pajamas and hugs you from behind. "I'm so proud of you for doing this much baby" he whispers into your ear. "Do you need some help brushing your hair?" You accept his offer as he takes your brush and slowly sections apart your hair while you quickly brush your teeth. Once you finish brushing your teeth, Lando offers to take you to the bed and finish your hair there. You snuggle in as Lando sits you in his lap and finishes detangling your hair, restoring it to it's soft and smooth state. "I know that was really hard but do you feel more comfy now that you've had some food and got freshened up?" "Yeah, I'm so sorry you had to deal with that." You mumble. "It's not your fault. I know that these things happen and you just need some help to get back on your feet. It is an honour to be the one you trust to help."

"Hey Lando?" you ask once you have layed back down, exhaustion creeping in once more as the lights go down with just one window open to give you some much needed fresh air and natural light. "Yeah" Lando responds from beside you. "How did you know what to do so well?"

"Max didn't take losing Anthoine well. He was one of his closest friends in the Renault Academy." Lando responds. Looking ar Lando you realise this isn't his first rodeo with depression. "You have no idea how amazing you are Lando. You are the most amazing person to be able to turn to, and not just for me, too."

________________________________

~Hiiii~

I actually really like this one. This was my first 3rd person perspective so let me know if you prefer that. Also that photo is simply *chef's kiss*. If you guys are struggling with mental health please reach out. You are so loved. 

This was my first ever request. I'm so glad you guys like my writing :) If anyone else has requests I will try my best to write them. 

Look after yourselves, stay hydrated, I love you sm :)