💔Dino Beganovic - Scars

Requested by: Gracefireface

1000 Words

TW: Insecurity from injury/surgery induced scars, mentions of medication and hospitals

_____________________________

After coming home from the hospital - where you had been for the last two weeks - as much as you wanted to have the freedom of being in your home, you were simply exhausted.

As you pull up to the driveway, Dino rests an arm on your thigh as it shakes anxiously. "You ok, darling?" He queries. You simply nod, not trusting your voice in this moment. Being back home brought back all the memories of how much you missed this place, yet it also reminded you that doctor's orders were for 4 weeks of bed rest meaning you would be confined to the couch much like you were to the hospital bed. 

"Sweetheart?" A gentle voice from beside you calls. You had zoned out and allowed a few stray tears to fall down your cheeks. Dino spots them and wipes them away before pulling you towards him and placing a delicate kiss to your forehead. Not wanting to force you into talking he gently suggests, "Let's get you inside to where you are more comfy, alright?" You just nod your head.

He gets out and walks to the door, unlocking it to allow a swift commute from car to couch. He runs back and opens the door to the passenger side. "What is the best way to do this, should I carry you?" Eventually you admit that is the best of the options despite undoubtedly being rather painful. "Tell me if I hurt you." he says before slowly undoing your seatbelt and putting one arm under your knees and the other under your shoulders, picking you up bridal style. "Hey! Careful...it still hurts there" You yelp before he even gets you off the seat. "I'm sorry!" Dino responds, slowly losing his composure as he struggles to accept he is causing you pain. He readjusts to a less painful spot and then manages to lift you out of the car and into the house as you push your head into his chest while biting your lip to suppress a whine of pain, not wanting to make him feel bad for helping.

He puts you on the couch and gets some pillows to rest your injured body on, before returning to the car to collect your hospital bag. In that short period of time you managed to fully lose your resolve and break down sobbing. Dino is greeted back to the house by the sobs wracking your body and exacerbating the already severe pain. Worried, he runs up to you and opens his arms allowing you to take comfort in his embrace.

Once you relax a bit, Dino gingerly asks, "Do you want to talk about it?" You let out a deep breath and close your eyes, and let the thoughts spill out. "I'm so exhausted and I'm in so much pain and I'm so mad that I have these stupid scars and I look so gross and I'm scared you won't think I'm pretty anymore because of them and I wish this never happened and I don't want four weeks of being stuck here on bed rest and I feel bad for making you have to put up with this and I'm. so. tired." 

Tears pour down your face again and Dino doesn't know how to react other than to gently pull your head into his chest and press a kiss to your hair. He pulls away and lines his face up with yours, resting your foreheads together. As your tears mix together he speaks the only words he can muster. "I love you so much. I'm so sorry this has happened." A long silence hangs in the air and you are left to your own thoughts. Dino continues to mull over your words and his brain just about shuts down when he remembers... 'I'm scared you won't think I'm pretty anymore because of them'. A wave of realisation washes over him. "Darling?" he whispers to get your attention. You look at him, "You don't really think that I would think those scars stop you being pretty, right?" Concern laces his voice. You don't want to lie but you also can't bring yourself to admit that you didn't see how Dino could possibly find you pretty anymore. Your watery eyes staring into his are answer enough. "My beautiful, beautiful girl. These scars make you more beautiful. They are a physical reminder of how strong and incredible you are and how much we have been through, together. I don't know how else to convince you that you are so beautiful and I will never stop seeing you as perfect inside and out." Unable to formulate a response you just look at him, pure adoration in your eyes. The most adequate response you can muster is a simple, "Thank you."

~~

A few hours later it's time for dinner. You have no appetite, pain consumes your entire body and the idea of putting in enough effort to eat made you want to curl in on yourself and sleep for hours. Dino, who had spent the last few hours making arrangements to be there for you as much as possible and still get his work done, quietly walked into the room. "What would you like for dinner, sweetheart?" What you really wanted to say was 'more meds for this neverending pain' but what you actually said was "Nothing." But Dino being Dino quickly responded with "Well that isn't actually an option but if you want something easy to eat and pretty light, I can make your mum's special chicken noodle soup?" This man!? Perfect. "Also, it's been 4 hours since you last had meds so I can get you more if you think you need them" He smiles knowing you definitely needed them from the look on your face alone.

After he has bought you some more pain meds, he retreats to the kitchen. You turn around and see him slaving away over the stove, your perfectly domestic boyfriend. That man is gold.

_____________________________

~Hiiiii~

 I felt like self-harm scars were a bit too angsty so it's pick your own injury. Sorry for leaving this for literally a month (oops). I got writer's block and i got busy and it was a bit to much effort really. I'm still trying to get requests done so I apologise to people who are still waiting.

Look after yourselves, stay hydrated, I love you sm :)