💔Pierre Gasly - Nightmares

848 Words

__________________________

You and Pierre were tucked into bed, both sleeping soundly. You were both incredibly tired and the opportunity to get some proper rest had been taken keenly by the two of you. Your arm was wrapped around him while you were in a deep sleep.

Suddenly, Pierre shot upright, the unexpected movement waking you immediately. You open your eyes to see Pierre hyperventilating, his head in his hands and tears pouring down his cheeks. 

The little bell rings in my headset, signalling there's been a crash. "Ok Pierre, red flag, red flag. Crash at Eau Rouge/Raidillon." I slow down praying that it isn't a bad crash. As I move toward the crash I sees the wreckage. "Who is it. Who was in the crash. Are they ok? Please tell me they're ok." The only response I get is, "I don't know." I drive past. I see the worst things I could possibly see in that moment. My heart drops. "Oh my god" I whisper to myself. The debris contains two chassis, both meters from their cars, and bearing the racing numbers of you and my best friend Anthoine. There was no movement. Neither driver was moving. The remnants of the cars folded over them. "Pierre come back to the pits. I'll let you know if I get info. The paramedics will help them."

Reluctantly I drag the car back to the pits, resisting the urge to get out and save both of you. I get out of the car and runs to Charles who is standing in the pit lane in complete and utter shock. We stand next to each other in silence, watching the screens in dread. Tears were streaming down our faces. No one stays in the cars for that long unless... unless they're dead. The paramedics move away from the cars without either of you with them. "No, no, please no." I mutter to no one in particular.

The paramedics return to the cars with body bags. An announcement comes over the speakers. "The race has been suspended and will not resume as two drivers have received fatal injuries." I fall to the floor. Charles falls on top of me wrapping his arms tightly around my shaking body. We had both lost our best friend but I had lost my girlfriend too. The love of my life. This must have been the worst day of my life.

"Pierre? Hey, what happened." you ask as you sit up next to him, pulling his shaking body toward you. He grabs onto you with a desperation you had never seen. "Thank god you're here." he chokes out. "Yeah, I'm here. I'm right here and I'm not going anywhere. We're both ok, nothing can happen ok?" After a few minutes of sitting together you ask gently, "Do you want to talk about it?" Hesitantly he begins talking. "I lost you. And Anthoine." the pieces snap into place. "Oh baby, it's ok, you know I was fine. I'm ok. Anthoine is watching over you. He's safely up in heaven. I bet he's beating Senna and Jules constantly. I'm here and I'm fully recovered. I wouldn't be able to cuddle you if I wasn't but here we are. I'm holding you and we're both fine. You never need to worry about losing me. I'm retired now, I can't have a crash like that ever again." you attempt to comfort him. Anthoine was a good friend of yours too. He was the one who set you up with Pierre and you would be eternally grateful for that. 

You pull his tired body down to the pillows. "Just lay down, nightmares take a lot out of you. I know it's scary but we're ok. Try and fall back to sleep if you can. I'll stay right here" You lay down with him. Stroking his back, playing with his hair and whispering sweet nothings in his ear. He moves his hand to your ribs and touches the scars the crash left when you needed your ribs to be basically put back together. You both think of them as memorial tattoos for Anthoine. With his hand resting on them he simply states. "I miss him so much"

"I know you miss him. I do too. He would be so proud of you. He would have been so proud to see you on that podium, holding that championship trophy." With those words and your comforting presence, he slowly falls back to sleep. That crash has haunted you, Pierre and so many other people for so long.

_________________________

~Hiiiii~

I know this is not factually accurate but anyways. This shit was sad as hell. wtaf, the 30th just came on. Omg. 

Sorry for not updating in a bit. I haven't been able to finish any of the drafts I have. they are all to short atm so I'll try and get them up another day. I thought this would be longer than it is but oh well.

Disclaimer: I'm not trying to be insensitive to Pierre or Charles as well as Anthoine and his family, or JM.

Look after yourselves, stay hydrated, I love you sm :)