The next night, I was eating ice cream in the kitchen. Today, during a regular checkup, the doctor had advised me to decrease my ice cream intake to avoid getting a cold or fever that could affect my pregnancy. Nakshu entered the kitchen, calling me. I hushed her, placing a finger on her mouth, and lifted her to the counter.

She asked in a silent whisper, "Mumma, what are you doing?" I showed her the ice cream, and we both giggled while eating. Suddenly, I heard someone calling "Princess." Nakshu and I turned to see Papa calling me, and Abhi calling Nakshu. We exchanged a quick wink and, I shouted, "1, 2, 3, run, baby!" We both ran, dodging Papa and Abhi.

The living room was a mess with Nak's toys scattered everywhere. All my brothers were laughing as Abhi chased Nakshu and Papa chased me. However, I stepped on a toy, lost my balance, and rolled backward. Abhi caught me immediately, raising his voice, "Angel, is this how you behave? You're carrying a child, goddammit! What if I wasn't there?" Fluffly, barked at Abhi in response.  Abhi shouted back at him, "Shut up, boy," and mumbling he returned to me.

Tears welled up in my eyes, and there was a heavy silence among everyone, knowing Abhi's anger. Nakshu came over, pulling on Abhi's pants, and said, "Papa, please don't scold Mumma." Abhi picked her up and turned to me, and said "Your not taking care of yourself and now your letting Nak eat ice cream." I apologized saying a small sorry and went to the garden. Papa called after me, but I didn't turn.

Fluffly followed me and jumped beside me on the swing. I managed to lift him onto my lap, and he hugged me. I cried into his soft fur, questioning if I was a bad mother, not taking proper care of Nak. How could I take care of this new baby? I rubbed my stomach, apologizing to the baby for hurting him.

I didn't know if it was mood swings or whatever, but I felt so sad—so sad that I cried, and my eyes pained while rubbing them. I felt a hand on me. I didn't look up, but Fluffly barked at him. He said, "Okay, boy, I am sorry for scolding you both, okay?" Fluffly got down, running inside. He sat beside me, and I was still crying. I wasn't angry at him; I was just angry at myself. He gently turned my chin to look at him.

I refused to turn, and he knelt down beside me, cupping my cheek and wiping away my tears. But my tears didn't stop, and he found himself crying too. I asked, sniffing, "Maan, why are you crying?" He said, "I am sorry, Angel. I am really sorry. I hate seeing you cry, especially because of me. I didn't mean to raise my voice, but I was worried about you and the child."

Sniffling, I controlled my tears, wiped his tears away, and said, "I am sorry too, for not taking care of myself and Nakshu. Am I a bad mother?" He shook his head, placing a kiss on both of my eyes, and said, "No, you're absolutely the best." I shook my head, but he made me look into his eyes as he continued, "Angel, you're the best. Just because I or others said otherwise, that will never change, okay?" I nodded a bit as he hugged me, apologizing again. I nodded and hugged him back tightly. I don't know how much time we stayed like that. He carried me back to our room, and I slept on him.

After 2 years:

I was putting a dress on Ansh as Abhi came in with Nakshu. Yes, the baby boy's name is Reyansh Raichandh, and he is 2 years old. Nak is now 4 years old. Abhi asked me, "Angel, how do I put this?" He showed me a safety pin. I chuckled, saying, "Maan, I will take care of the kids. You go get ready. It's getting late for the reception." Yes, today is Sid bhai's reception. He is getting married to the same girl he fell in love with. I feel so happy for them.

As the kids got ready, Sravani came. She was now 3 months pregnant. Nakshu went to her, hugging her. She said, "I will take her down. You get ready and bring Ansh down, okay?" I nodded as Ansh turned to me, asking, "Mummaaa, I will wait for you. Come fast." I kissed him, saying, "Give me 5 minutes, baby."