Chapter 35

Abhi POV:

As I took some of her favorite food and went to her room, I saw Adhya and Rohan Bhai standing on the balcony, talking. As I made my way there, Adhya turned to me, smiling. I noticed her tear-stained cheeks and immediately cupped her face, asking, "What happened, angel? Did you get hurt somewhere? Why did you cry?" She shook me a little, saying, "Maan, calm down, it's nothing. Bhaiyya and I were talking, and we got a little emotional, that's all."

I sighed and looked at Rohan Bhai; his eyes were red. I asked him, "Bhai, did you also cry?" He shook his head as I exclaimed, "Oh my God, Bhai, I have never seen you cry. This must be recorded!" I took out my phone, but he snatched it from me. Adhya laughed as all the other brothers joined. We all sat in a semi-circle, and Rohan Bhai sat in the middle on a small chair. He took the plate of food and fed all of us one by one.

Since childhood, we had always been like this, looking up to Rohan Bhai. He was the most responsible one among us, always taking care of everyone. We chatted, laughed, and after dinner, everyone said goodnight and went back to their rooms. I stayed there with Adhya, and she said, "Go, I am so tired." I shook my head, saying, "I couldn't sleep properly these days." She said, "Maan, you have to wait for another 2 days." I whined, "Angel, I couldn't sleep. I had nightmares yesterday."

Her expression lit up with worry as she asked, "Why is it coming again Maan? Everything is solved, right?" She panicked, and I pulled her into a hug, calming her down, "Everything is solved, angel, but some memories take time to fade, right?" She nodded, saying, "Okay now, Go sleep and have a nice dream of me." I chuckled as she pushed me, eventually going to my room after some kisses and cuddles.

As I woke up, the sun was shining brightly, and I checked the time—it was already mid-morning, time for the mehndi function. I quickly got ready, wearing a white kurta. I had matching kurtas with Adhya's. Going downstairs, I saw lively vibes all around. Laughter, chatter, and the bustling energy of the mehndi function filled the air. The ladies, in particular, were the happiest, deeply engrossed in applying henna.

Entering the garden, I spotted Adhya sitting on a swing, one girl applying mehndi on her legs, and another on her hands. All my brothers stood around her, engaged in a conversation that seemed to make her blush. I knew they were teasing her.

When Mom noticed me, she twisted my ears, scolding me "Why did you come so late, Do you even remember that this is your wedding, look my hands became so red because of banging on your door to wake you up." I yelped in pain, and Priya Maa intervened, asking where I had been. I sighed, confessing that I overslept. Dad hit my head.

I whined as I went to Adhya, sitting beside her. I said, "Angel, everyone is scolding me." She looked at them, asking, "Why are you all irritating him in the morning?" I stuck out my tongue at them as they chuckled. My brothers laughed, and Sid teased, "Look, the tiger became a baby cub now." I glared at him, and he looked away, hiding from me.

I looked at Adhya's mehndi as she asked how it looked. I said, "It looks good on your hand." She smiled as Akkash chimed in, "Bhai, they wrote your name in it. After we all go home, you have to find it." I nodded, realizing this might be a tough challenge.

Adhya then said, "Maan, they didn't let me eat anything since morning." I glared at everyone as they all looked away, immediately going away, acting as if they had work. I said, "You wait here; I will come back." She nodded as I went to the dining area and found some food left. I took it on a plate and went back to her.

She gave me one of her best smiles, the kind she always had when she saw food. I fed her the whole plate, and she smiled happily, saying, "You're the best, Maan." I kissed her cheek, and she blushed.