Chapter 31

Abhi POV:

My heart broke when I heard Adhya say, "I don't remember you." She was so distant from me, and I felt like my heart stopped beating. But after that night's confession, she is acting a bit weird, like she is up to something. At times, I felt like she didn't forget anything and is just acting.

She is fully normal with everyone in the family. Her leg is not fully recovered, but I am taking her for daily walks with Fluffy. Today, when we went for a checkup, the doctor said she is recovering fast. I was happy, but still, her memory is not back. I am sleeping alone every day, and I haven't slept well. I am longing for her to be in my arms, dying to kiss her. But I kept my distance because I thought she might feel uncomfortable.

Keeping all this aside, I caught Rudra Chachu, and he has been in the basement for four days now. I haven't visited him, and no one else did. Only Rohan Bhai and I know about this. Rohan Bhai said, "Wait until Princess recovers," and I agreed with him. I want to show him hell, but I kept my control because Angel needed me now. I will make sure that he repays for everything I lost.

As Adhya screamed from her room, "Maan" I went asking whats wrong she asked "Can you get me ice cream, please?" I shook my head, saying, "No, Angel, until you recover, ice cream is not allowed." She pouted, looking so cute that I wanted to kiss the pout and give her anything she wants. But I can't do that, so she said, "Okay, fine, then bye." I sighed, going back to my room. Tomorrow is our birthday, but I guess she doesn't remember that it is my birthday too. As usual, I will wish her at 12 and see if she will wish me back. I sighed again for the nth time today as I lay on the bed.

My PA called me, and I looked at the time, wondering why he is calling me so late. As I picked up, he sounded worried and said, "Sir, there is a problem with the current project." I asked, "What's wrong?" He replied, "Sir, you need to come to the office now." I asked again, "Like right now?" He pleaded, "Sir, please, it's important." So I said, "Okay, it better be important, Prakash, or you know what will happen. I will be there in half an hour."

I went to Adhya's room, and she was sitting on her bed, working on her laptop. I said, "Angel, I have some important work in the office. I will be back late, okay?" She nodded, saying, "I will be fine, Maan. You go."

As I went to the office, I found out that the project really was in bad shape, but something was wrong. It seemed like someone purposefully destroyed all the files so that we had to do it again. I asked my PA with full anger, "How did this happen? Is anyone playing with me?" He looked more tense than usual and said, "I don't know how this happened, sir." I signaled him to leave as I worked on the files.

Once I was done, it was almost 11:45, and I had 15 minutes to reach home, which was impossible even if I broke all speed limits. I was more frustrated as I went to my car. Weirdly, I didn't find Prakash anywhere. I thought he went home, so I went back home.

It was already 12:30 when I entered home, and it was surprisingly quiet. I was sure that everyone would have wished her by now. As I went to Adhya's room, I didn't find her. I grew worried as I checked my room, the balcony, but she was nowhere to be seen. No one responded when I called out loudly, and a sense of panic crept in. Where the hell did everyone go? Did they all leave for some trip without telling me?

Just then, Fluffy, came wagging his tail. I asked him, "Where is your mumma?" He pulled my pants and led me to the garden. The garden, which was usually illuminated, was now completely dark. However, there was something unusual happening. Suddenly, the lights came on, revealing a beautifully decorated garden. Everyone, including Adhya, was standing there with a cake. I smiled as I walked toward her. She smiled back when I cupped her cheek, saying, "Happy birthday, Angel."