17. Some good food

Start from the beginning

He noticed that its massive ears were perked up again for some reason, they stayed like that.

Tonuk picked him back up yet again and carried him over to another room, this one had lighter colors with had a table and countertop.

A ton of new smells suddenly hit his nose as Tonuk set him down, they smelt good, even if he couldn't tell of what they were.

He looked around and saw Ri up on a stool doing something on the countertop, it seemed to be the source of the smell though.

Tonuk and Ri talked for a bit, but again, he could barely hear anything from Tonuk's super low voice and Ri's chirping sounds that sometimes got cut off from the high pitch and were starting to get a bit annoying.

Tonuk eventually reached down and opened the cage, walking back next to Ri.

He walked outside, still cold and continued to look around, noticing what looked to be cabinets at the ceiling.

Both Tonuk and Ri were staring at him for a while, which got pretty uncomfortable fairly quickly, though this didn't last long.

Tonuk was talking for a bit as he grabbed somethongs off the coutertop, though he managed to recognize the word Vo!.

He watched as Tonuk set down some massive plates in front of him with little bits of weird looking things on them, which he assumed from the smell, was food.

He looked back at Tonuk and Ri, who went right back to staring at him, this time with half-closed eyes, which he assumed meant being relaxed.

He grabbed a bit of food, it was skin completely white and stiff, it didn't smell like anything.

He tried it and it had a normal taste, kind of like coconut, but less sweet.

He repeated the process with a couple more foods, most were surprisingly boring, with the only remarkable ones being a brown coloured one that tasted exactly like potato, like the weird goo they gave him, and an orange long vine-like thing, which tasted extremely sweet, to the point that it was bad.

They talked for a while before then grabbing the plates again, taking them back up to what Sean now understood to be where they cooked.

Tonuk cleaned the plates thoroughly as Ri continued cutting more things, he could tell by the sounds of a knife.

They set more food down and he continued trying it, this batch had a lot more sweet things, but on normal levels, unlike that vine thing.

He eventually got to a slightly bitter fruit, it tasted similar to coffee but it was very wet.

He tried eating it without spilling juice all over himself, instead getting it over his hands, which was fairly uncomfortable.

This was forgotten fairly quickly as an overwhelming bitter taste appeared, which made him spit out the fruit, only to see Tonuk and Ri laughing quietly, trying to hide it.

Tonuk had its wrist raised up for some reason though, it wasn't to hide its very obvious smile, since it was away from its face, which confused Sean.

He then finally got to the last one, a yellow coloured pear shaped fruit with red spots, it smelled like it would be spicy, which made him excited.

He took a small bite just in case, prepared for a bit of pain, but he felt as it spread all over his mouth, it was extremely spicy.

He yelped in pain and immediatly his eyes were watering.

He didn't expect Tonuk to all of a sudden rush over and hug him tightly.

He was very startled as it continued its hug, he had curled up into a ball from the scare as Tonuk became warmer and warmer, twitching a lot.

Thankfully, the pain quickly went away very quickly, and Sean calmed down, confused as to what Tonuk was doing.

Tonuk quickly ended the hug though, then walking back to Ri, leaving Sean even more confused.

They talked for some time while cleaning the dish.

Tonuk got closer and gave one of its warmth pets again, it then nudged Sean into a new room.

This one had carpeted floors, a big window and a MASSIVE, bean bag bed, which Sean was already planning on going to sleep on.

He was feeling tired, even after that whole thing with the spicy fruit.

He wanted to go to sleep, so he saw that Tonuk was simply staring at him again, so climbed on top of the bed, sinking down.

Tonuk walked closer, sighing and then covering him with a blanket, then moving closer and telling him "Prot on lodu mof" or again, some other combination of variation of that.

He still had no idea if that was 1, 3, 4 or whatever amount of words, ir could be anything and so, he sighed in defeat of not understanding their language.

He decided to try to figure out their language later, for now he was going to sleep.

Glossary additions (Tonovo):
Prot=Hope
On=You
Lodu=Sleep
Mof=Well