34- The Aftermath

Start from the beginning

"Mom... I want more Katsudon."

"..."

It wasn't clear who started it but soon the whole class erupted with laughter.

"Midoriya is still out of it?"

"Don't tell me this guy really went through the whole villain ambush asleep."

"Sure enough, Midoriya is better than me. Such a high-end villain diversion tactic, I really can't think of this!"

"Iida I don't think that's what he had in mind..."

The class collectively made their way towards the exit.

Just as Shin was about to walk out, he caught sight of the lonely figure standing in place.

"Todoroki?"

Although he felt he made the right decision at the time, it didn't stop him from feeling guilty, "I-"

Shin just smiled and dragged him close, "Up for some Soba?"

Shoto's lips quivered.

Shin was always like this...

"Yeah."

...

UA Conference Room.

"The police have investigated the group calling themselves 'The League of Villains'."

"There does not appear to be anyone registered with the name Shigaraki in his 20 or 30 that has a quirk of a decay nature."

"It's the same with the villain called Kurogiri with the Warp Gate quirk."

"They are probably not citizens and are using false names. In other words they're people with unregistered quirks."

Vlad's furrowed brows only got tenser, "So you mean we don't know anything..."

Naomasa nodded, "For now at least," he placed the files back in the folder, "And thanks to the students, Shin and Bakugo Katsuki, we now have all the villains in custody."

Midnight sighed in relief, "Well at least one good thing came out of this."

Nezu relaxed a bit, "Indeed-"

Just as he was about to pour himself a cup, the conference doors swung open.

"Sir, it's bad!"

Looking at the state of his colleague, Naomasa had a sense of foreboding, "What's going on?"

"The villain! Detective, the decay villain escaped!"

The heroes' hearts sank.

All Might had the quickest response.

Charged up OFA and rushed out of the board room without looking back.

...

"Goddammit it's itchy!"

"You guys are inhumane!"

"Villains are human too, you know?"

"How can you cuff me like some animal?"

The driver's lips twitched at the audacity.

Even someone like you that targets kids can be considered human?

The world has really turned to shit.

He raised his hand to turn up the volume but all he grasped was air.

Even after reaching out multiple times, the end result was the same.

It wasn't until the fourth attempt that he noticed his vision blurring.