05- Were women so shameless nowadays?

Kobayashi Internet Cafe, Musutafu.

Shin was having a rare lazy day.

Snacks crowded the black mattress on the floor as he ate them greedily.

"It's been a while since I treated myself" Shin sighed in satisfaction as the taste of tomato flavored potato chips slid down his throat.

Two months have passed since the he discovered another way to use his quirk.

In that time frame, the sludge villain incident had taken place.

Midoriya recklessly jumped into the scene to save his abuser and unexpectedly reaped immense benefits from the event.

He became All Might's successor and was slowly beginning his journey of being a 'hero'.

Yes, 'number one' was purposely omitted.

He chose the right words.

Because with him here, that title was already booked.

Shin reached out for the Coke by the side.

"Haa" he exclaimed in delight as he chugged the contents down. 

As for why or how Coke existed in this world, Shin wouldn't question it. 

He just silently gave his thanks to the creator for his beautiful mind.

Upon seeing the end credits of the movie he was watching, Shin reached out to put on the next one.

He sighed as he prepared himself to get back to work again.

Finding a good, non-hero based movie that made sense was very hard in this world.

He scrolled down the options available of the computer screen.

"My hero loves me"

"The tyrant hero won't leave me alone"

"All Might chronicles- Season 17"

"I'm being seduced by the number one hero?"

Shin sighed, he was at the tip of despair at this point.

But he held on.

number one, number one, number one, number one, number one, number one, number one, number one, number one, number one, number one, number one, number one, number one...

He chanted like a mantra, trying to keep himself from losing himself.

Honestly this week off training was very much needed. 

Training tirelessly everyday was slowly but surely getting to him. 

Chim chim

He heard his ring tone playing and momentarily stopped his search.

"Unknown number?" He rarely got calls as he had never given out his number to anyone besides his old family and class teacher.

So his first reaction was that they've dialed the wrong number but never the less, he still picked up.

"Hello?" 

"Good afternoon is this Shin?" the stern voice of a woman rang in his ears.

"Yes who am I speaking to?" Shin asked with a cautious tone. He had never heard this woman's voice before.

"Glad to be speaking with you Mr Shin, my name is Miyuki Sasaki. An editor working at Quirk Time Literature publishing firm" Shin straightened up after hearing her words, "The manuscript you sent in, 'Tokyo Ghoul' has caught our attention and we would be pleased to have a cooperation with you sir"

Although, Shin did not show it, he was mentally leaping with joy.

His money was quickly running out and he only had enough cash for two more months of rent.

This news came at the best time but Shin did not let anything show.

"Alright then. How does Quirk Time intend to show it's sincerity?" He sounded uninterested and aloof.

Miyuki bit her lips upon hearing his blunt words. 

Wasn't he supposed to be screaming with excitement?

He was clearly a newcomer!

Miyuki held her temper and responded in a calm tone, "Sir Quirk Time intends to give you six% of the royalties-"

"I decline." 

Even if he was just a beginner, Shin would never accept such a low cut for the work he gave them.

He knew it's worth and Quirk Time was well aware of it too if they called him despite the heavy theme of the novel.

Even if Shin had changed so much of the original Tokyo Ghoul that the only resemblance the manuscript he handed in had with the anime at this point was only the name and the character's, he was till aware that this book was a masterpiece.
Especially in a world that had been severely lacking in creative content since the age of quirks emerged.

Miyuki was confused.

Wasn't he just a newbie? Why is he so fierce?

Of course she knew the value of this novel. She was sure it would cause a storm in the literary world. 

And if there was one thing the current board of Quirk Time loved, it was controversy.

She knew it well.

Her boss had even warned her to get this deal signed no matter the cost so she was feeling very pressured!

More so now after seeing that the writer was the aggressive type.

She was just an intern! Have some pity on her!

Miyuki took the initiative to switch up her tactic.

She softened up her voice to act meek, "Shin-kun... we can come to an agreement on this ne(1)?"

(1)Ne- Ne can be used when asking for confirmation.
"Isn't it?" or "right?" are typical examples of what Ne means in English.

Shin was stunned for a while. 

Were women so shameless nowadays?

"No."

Miyuki's pride took a hit.

Has her charm declined so much after graduating college?

She didn't dare try her luck anymore and asked very straightforward, "What amount do you want then?"

"Ten percent."

She suddenly felt like hitting this guy but still remained her calm tone, "Sir... how about eight?"

"Eleven percent."

Miyuki's complexion paled and quickly agreed, "Yes eleven! Good day doing business with you Sir! the e-contract will be sent to you shortly."

After that she hung up, as if afraid that Shin would take back his words.

Shin understood her actions and couldn't help chuckling, "This woman actually wanted to play me?"

...

Quirk Time Editorial Department.

Miyuki laid slumped in her seat.

She felt like she had just escaped from a villain attack.

Her colleague saw her fatigued state and asked in worry, "Miyuki-san everything okay? What's wrong?"

Miyuki glanced at her before clicking her tongue, "Straight guys are the worst clients!"

Colleague: "?"