34- The Aftermath

Start from the beginning

To say Shin was shocked by this scene would be an understatement.

Who could piss off Kirishima to this extent?

In the original plot, even Bakugo failed to accomplish such a feat.

And that's saying a lot.

"You knew villains were in the USJ but still left Shin and Bakugo there?" At this time, all Kirishima saw was red.

Back when they were escaping the dome building, he was still in the dark about the whole matter.

But after the revelation comes out, it completely changes everything.

"Yes I knew."

And to admit it with such a straight face.

Without delay, Kirishima pounced at Todoroki once more.

His fist hardened on command and was a few inches away from adding some more colour to Todoroki's left cheek.

"Alright let's calm down."

Both boys were confused by the sudden intervention.

They looked at the purple haired figure in between them and their eyes widened.

"Shin?!"

Shoto's cold face actually showed a hint of embarrassment. He stood there awkwardly shuffling his feet, leaving Shin amused at the sight.

He heard enough to get the gist of things and to be honest, Shin wasn't upset.

If anything, he actually sided more with Todoroki on this matter.

The root cause of the issue is that Todoroki and Kirishima are two very different people.

Todoroki is the type to put the mission above all else.

Might seem cold but once you really think about it, he's very logical.

After all, why risk the safety of a whole class for one person?

If it were just him alone, then he could afford to dive in to help.

But once others are added to the equation, overall duty tops personal feelings.

To have such a mature mindset at the prime age of fifteen, Shin could only silently praise Endeavor.

If nothing else, he was a good teacher.

In comparison, Kirishima was more reckless.

This guy really thought of himself as a human tank.

Always ready to use himself as a shield and march into war.

To this, Shin was very tempted to ask why the red head was so eager to meet his maker?

"Actually Kirishima you can't blame Todoroki for this."

"But he left you behind!"

"I made that choice first though and it's not like I wasn't aware of the surrounding villains. If anything Todoroki deserves credit for keeping the class safe."

"...Still."

Kirishima knew this but still.

Tsk why was this frosty so annoying to look at all of a sudden?

Kirishima literally wore his heart on his sleeve.

If Todoroki was an efficient leader, Kirishima was a person that prioritises his friends above all else.

While this had major cons, Shin would be lying if he said he wasn't touched.

Just as he was about to say something, the drowsy voice of a certain greenette spoke first.