3

Since it was the first day of classes, you decided to be a generous roommate and cook up some breakfast for you and Gorou. You grabbed one of your pans and a few ingredients from your minifridge and headed to the common space which had a stovetop.

Unfortunately for you, there was already someone there.

You quickly tried to back out the door, but the girl had already seen you, and quickly approached you.

"Hey you! Could I borrow your pan?"
She asked.

"Why?"
You asked, hoping she'd just give up.

"I wanted to cook something up, but forgot to bring anything to cook with,"
She explained.

"I'll cook you something too if you let me, I promise!"

It was a tough decision, but you figured there wouldn't be any harm in letting the girl cook for you, plus it'd mean she wouldn't hate you, and you wanted to get along with everyone on your dorm floor.

"Fine, but could you cook some for my roommate too?"
You said while handing her the pan.

She lit up into a bright smile,
"Of course! You won't regret this!"

You sat down at the table while you watched the girl cook, enjoying the nice smells coming from the pan.

After a while, she presented you with a nice looking plate of food.

"Eat it while it's hot!"
She advised.

"Thanks! Oh, I don't think I got your name, what is it?"
You asked while brining a forkful of food to your mouth.

"It's Xiangling,"
She replied while happily eating her creation.

You stopped eating and paused. How could you not have recognized her?! Then again, she had her hair down and wasn't wearing her regular outfit, so she sort of just looked like a regular person.

But that also gave you some hope. Maybe all of these people wouldn't be weird, and will act just like regular people!

"I'm (y/n), I live in room 302,"

Her smile widened,
"Really?! I'm in room 308! Right across from you!"

"We should totally be friends then,"
You said without thinking.

She nodded in agreement, and you mentally applauded yourself at being so good at friendmaking.

"I didn't know this school had a culinary program,"
You commented while eating the food.

"How'd you know I was going to culinary school?"
She asked, hoping for a certain answer.

"Lucky guess, also because you're a very good cook,"
There was no way in any world that this girl wouldn't be a culinary master, and you answered her exactly as she hoped.

"Thanks! I was surprised too, suddenly I found the admission letter on my desk, and even got a scholarship!"
She said happily.

That was also something weird, when you woke up that morning and checked your phone, you'd received an email saying that you qualified for some scholarship you'd never heard of.