49 - Consequences (1): A Failed Execution

Start from the beginning

"Well. Bring some more fertilizer next time." Damian says nonchalantly, making Ivy smile in amusement. "That's your job." Ivy replies. "They are your plants, are they not?" Damian said, giving Ivy an ultimatum.

"Plus, I cannot get decent fertilizer without my family finding out. And I am sure we both do not want that." Damian adds, making Ivy sigh. "It'll be there by tomorrow." She mutters, making Damian grin.

Once our conversation died down, we could hear the whispers of the people around us. Namely- Lila and her goons. This was becoming boring, honestly. Do they have to gossip about everything they see? Do they have nothing else to do?

They can't even tell it to my face.

"I think Marinette called the villain here." Rose whispered, voice shaking. "I think she wants her to get revenge on Lila." Juleka replied to her. "Revenge? For stealing Adrien?" Kim asks, making everyone giggle.

Again with that shit.

Damian scoffs at Kim's comment. "Say that again." he says, overly calm for someone who's threatening a person. "What?" Kim asked, shocked. "I said, say that again." Damian repeated, walking toward him threateningly.

"I hope you are not one to shy away from a fight."

Damian's comment turned heads. Quite a lot of them, actually. Gaining a reputation for being calm and collected, even in life-threatening situations, this was the first time anyone had seen the man be so provoked, by a single comment.

"W-what?" Kim stuttered. "F-fight? I don't want to fight with you!" he says. Damian smirks. "So you are one to shy away from a fight." Damian concludes. Kim's face turns red. "No! I never refuse a fight." Kim argued.

"Then what are you doing now?"

My voice broke through the tension, filled with amusement. Lila and the others snapped to look at me. "I-i, um-" Kim tried to stutter out an answer, but failed badly. "I just can't fight you..." he let out in despair.

Honestly, everyone knew the reason he couldn't; they simply wouldn't admit it out loud. That Damian Wayne was so powerful, so far away from their reach that they couldn't risk touching a single strand of hair on his head.

Damian pondered on Kim's answer for a second. "Is that so?" he asks, making Kim nod crazily. "Oh, well. You should have thought about that before insulting my girlfriend." Damian replies, cracking his fists and storming toward the poor boy.

Kim looked terrified.

Lila looked terrified.

Although, I'm guessing for different reasons. While Kim might be scared for his life, physical now and social later, Lila should be racking her brain on how I was able to seduce Damian Wayne into my 'collection'.

She would be wondering how I got him so wrapped around my finger, that he was willing to fight for me at the slightest ill-mannered comment. I grinned at her from afar, although I'm not sure she noticed in her state of shock.

May I say, Damian's fists never reached Kim's face.

Before you could know, vines and roots of plants nearby had rushed toward Damian circling around him and efficiently tying him up. Safe to say, Damian was rooted to his place, unable to get out.

Gasps, and a few screams echoed at the sight of Poison Ivy using her powers. Damain struggled to get out, glaring at Ivy for what she did. Ivy simply shrugged her shoulders, turning her gaze toward Lila.

"Ah, this reminds me of the reason I came!" she speaks in glee, turning toward me. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "Like I was saying, darling-" Ivy started, confusing me. When did she say what?