49 - Consequences (1): A Failed Execution

Poison Ivy.

A heartless villain.

The villain who killed people because they disgust her, the one who seduces men and kills them with a kiss. Now this begs the question, why isn't anyone worried? I pulled at Damian's sleeve, waiting for an explanation.

The brunette turned toward me, understanding my situation. "She is not much of a villain anymore. Kinda retired." Damian said, making me stare in amusement. Now, I didn't know villains could retire.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, she does not really attack or terrorize the city much anymore. The only time and place she shows up is here, for the sole reason of taking care of the plants." The brunette explains. "And the police leave her be?" I ask in confusion.

"They do not have a reason not to."

"I'm more surprised by this city every day." I mutter, making Damian chuckle at me. "Oh!" said a voice, interrupting our conversation. I turn to see Ivy looking at us and covering her mouth with her hands, is if in surprise.

"Damian Wayne has a lover?"

"Shut up, Ivy." Damian snapped, stepping slightly in front of me. "Oh, should I?" Ivy asks, cackling. "Last time I saw you, you were ready to jump off Wayne Tower if I mentioned 'Love.'" she said.

"Oh?" I asked, nudging Damian's shoulder as he turned to hide his embarrassed face. "Yes, my child. This boy cruelly rejected anyone who approached him in the name of love. I wonder what makes you different." Ivy said, referring to me.

"I'm sure half this park is filled with women you rejected; seeing as all of Gotham is in love with you." I teased Damian, at which Ivy laughed. "Do not test me, love." he said, making me giggle.

"Love?" Poison Ivy questioned after hearing the pet name. "How much you have changed." she laughed out loud. "I have not changed that much." Damian argues, to which Ivy stares at him silently.

Damian then huffs, turning away. "Whatever." he mutters. Ivy grins. "I admire you, child, for doing the impossible." Ivy says, pointing at me. In the next second, she was next to me. "Tell me, how did you-" she started.

"I approached her first."

Damian's voice spoke over whatever Ivy wanted to tell me. "...what?" Ivy questioned in confusion. "I approached her first. That is what makes her different." he says again, making me blush.

Poison Ivy's jaw dropped.

"A-are you telling me that this kid made the first move?" Ivy asked, to which I nodded a yes. "This 'Ice Prince'?" she asked again, to which I nodded a yes to, again. Damian scoffs. "Now, is that so hard to believe?" he asks, making Ivy nod crazily.

Damian rolls his eyes at Ivy's response. Ivy starts laughing. "Look how the turns have tabled." she spoke, making Damian frown. "It is 'The tables have turned'-" he tried to correct the woman, but she interrupted him.

"How the turns have tabled."

She repeated firmly, making sure no one would argue with her about this topic again. Damian raises his hands in a 'I surrender' motion, making the woman smirk victoriously. All while I stood to the side, amused.

Maybe in another life, they must have been related. I mean- same arrogance, same snarky comments and, most of all, the same love for plants. I smiled at the interaction. To others far away, it might look like they are fighting, but they really aren't.

"On another topic."

Poison Ivy starts speaking, making Damian raise an eyebrow, as if to say- 'We had something else to speak about?' "How is the garden faring?" she asks, lowering her voice so that only we could hear her.