Calling Trouble with CJ_Brown_Pen

Greetings folks of Magic,

Today we are here with @CJ_Brown_Pen aka CJ *Crystal Jane* Brown, to talk about her work, know more about her world, and also to get a sneak peek into her writing journey.

My free time includes spending time with family, reading, watching movies, and creating art. I love to travel, but I have never left the United States, not yet at least.

I'm a bit of a distracted author, so my imagination gets pulled in different directions. Where the inspiration leads, I follow. There is a lot I am working on outside of Wattpad. Some works I have taken down to re-work, they will be coming back.

About the Book: Finders Keeper

Habitual in making a mess of almost every situation, Sadie Monroe thinks she can outthink and outrun anything

Habitual in making a mess of almost every situation, Sadie Monroe thinks she can outthink and outrun anything. Her magic is as unruly as she is but with a powerful mentor, she has learned more control. The problem is Sadie has little control when it comes to her own truths and mistrust.

With a rare offer of assistance, Sadie is faced with an undeniable advantage. The problem with the advantage is that he is over six feet of sexy, demonic, trouble she wanted to avoid.

When he keeps her from using her usual tricks, will she be able to learn her lesson?

An ONC 2023 Novella

Favourite Quote

"Seems we may have more in common than you think, little witch."

1

1. What made you start writing on Wattpad?

Trauma. I went through a very difficult few years after losing my first born and shut down because of it. I started reading and playing playable-book-apps, and found Wattpad.

Speaking to a few authors, here, I was encouraged to write. I published my first story, Seeing Red, as a way to move forward from a haunting relationship of my past.

2. What challenges did you face while writing Finders Keepers?

There were several. Finders Keepers was written as a part of a competition, ONC (Open Novella Contest), where there were prompts to choose from, deadlines to meet, as well as judging. It was stressful and I procrastinated towards the end of the book, self-doubting my talent. Thankfully, I completed the story on time and within parameters of the competition.

3. What influenced you to write it?

The prompt: "When a giant monster chases you, all you can do is throw a stick and hope they'd play fetch." It caught my attention and my imagination came alive. I envisioned magic mixed with our mortal world and beasties that could shred us or play with us. It became easy to write my opening scene.

4. Does any Wattpad story or Published story influence you to write?

Not in particular, but I love the works from @Joflower, @Orchid_27, and @amberkbryant.

5. What advice would you like to give to other writers writing in the same genre?

Jump in, keyboard/pen first. Just write! Sharing your vision with the Wattpad world is an amazing and terrifying experience. Gaining support for the characters, worlds, and situations you write about is inexplainable. I have truly enjoyed my supportive followers.

6. Your favourite Fantasy author?

This is difficult to choose just one. Christine Feehan was one of the first authors I found as a young adult that caused me to LOVE reading and dreaming of a different world. I also have recently enjoyed works from Lana Pecherczyk, May Sage, Lindsey Devin, and Jaymin Eve.

7. What's your favourite season and why?

I love fall weather. Nature shows us its beauty with the leaves changing colors, a freshness in the air, and the ability to surprise us with different weather daily. I also love a good campfire and warm drink, usually coffee or tea, but warm cider is also a favorite.

8. Do you read a lot?

Every-single-day! I used to hate reading because I did not read quickly, like my peers. I hadn't realized it was more interest-based. As soon as I became interested in the world of magic, romance, and beyond, I couldn't stop reading.

9. Mountains or the Beach?

Either, I enjoy both. Mountains are usually where my family and I go, though.

10. Three words that describe you.

Dreamer, friend, loyal